25 февр. 2023 г.

One Arrest

The Wire 1×7


Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: How y'all hear it so good? Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: "Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton      fields sold in a market down in New Orleans."
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: What the fuck is that?
Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: Rolling Stones. First two lines to Brown Sugar. I bet you've heard that song 500 times, but you never knew, right? I used to put my head to the stereo speaker and play that record over and over.
Det. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: That explains a lot, actually.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: It's a career case, Your Honor.
Judge Daniel Phelan: Look here, Jimmy, you misspelled "culpable" and you're confusing "then" and "than". T-H-E-N is an adverb used to divide and measure time. "So... Detective McNulty makes a mess and then he has to clean it up."
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Great that you're going through every word...
Judge Daniel Phelan: Not to be confused with T-H-A-N, which is most commonly used after a comparative adjective or adverb, as in, "Rhonda is smarter than Jimmy."

Madame LaRue: It's Saint Anthony who wants to help you.
Detective Michael 'Sanny' Santangelo: He does?
Madame LaRue: Very much.
Detective Michael 'Sanny' Santangelo: Ain't he the guy you call when you lose something? You sure that's Anthony?
Madame LaRue: Go to the victim's grave, bury the statue, wait an hour, a full hour, no short cuts. Then dig it up. Go straight home. When you go to bed, hold it to your ear.
Detective Michael 'Sanny' Santangelo: And he tells me who did it?

Deputy Commissioner for Operations Ervin H. Burrell: 500-a-plate fundraisers for a police lieutenant? Even in this city, that constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. Which member of the ticket has so energized you? The Mayor? Council President? The Registrar of Wills, maybe?
Lt. Cedric Daniels: The Mayor, I might recognize if I saw him. For the rest, I'd pretty much need B of I photos.
Deputy Commissioner for Operations Ervin H. Burrell: You're not wrong. In this state, it's a thin line between campaign posters and photo arrays.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You know why I respect you so much, Bunk?... It's not 'cause you're good police. 'Cause, you know, fuck that, right?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Fuck that, yeah.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: It's not 'cause when I came to Homicide, you taught me all kinds of cool shit about... I don't know, whatever.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Whatever.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: It's 'cause when it came time for you to fuck me... you were very gentle.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Damn right.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You could've hauled me out of the garage and just bent me over the hood of a radio car. But, no, you were very gentle.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: I knew it was your first time. I wanted to make that shit special.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: It was, man. It fucking was.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: So, why'd you step up on this?
Omar Little: Bird trifling, basically. He killed an everyday working man and all. Don't get it twisted, I do some dirt too, but I ain't never put my gun on nobody who wasn't in the game.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code.
Omar Little: No doubt.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: They're gonna do me, Ronnie. I love this fucking job, and they're gonna do me.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий