15 февр. 2023 г.

The Buys

The Wire 1×3


Lt. Cedric Daniels: If I tell you yes, I screwed up. If I tell you no, I'm putting my men in the jackpot. Do you still want me to answer?... I screwed up, sir.

Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: So how do you get to be the king?
D'Angelo Barksdale: It ain't like that. The king stay the king, all right? Everything stays who he is, except for the pawns. If a pawn make it all the way down to the other dude's side, he get to be queen. And like I said, the queen ain't no bitch. She got all the moves.

Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: All right, so, if I make it to the other end, I win?
D'Angelo Barksdale: If you catch the other dude's king and trap it, then you win.
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: But if I make it to the end... I'm top dog.
D'Angelo Barksdale: It ain't like that. The pawns, man, in the game, they get capped quick. They be out the game early.
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: Unless they're some smart-ass pawns.

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: You must've been fucking around. I'm just saying.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You're right. Always the case. When a woman wants to get even, there's something extra there.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: How come you got all this wisdom and your life's so hard?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I've been wondering on that myself.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: How about you? You ever been married?
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: What'd I say?
Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: If you ain't gonna say anything, I am... If you're a dog, you barking at the wrong pussy.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: So I'm a dog now?
Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: Meow.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Bubbs... I date women.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Something in common. I date women, too.

Lt. Cedric Daniels: Look, the man upstairs wants to see a circus. A couple of days from now, I got to show him three rings.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Christ.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: I'm sorry. We gotta jump.

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: We're gonna be here all fucking night.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'm not.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Where the fuck you got to go?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I mean I can't. I'm not gonna help them gut the case. I'm sorry. He's your lieutenant. You gotta do what you gotta do. But I can't swallow this shit any more.

Lt. Cedric Daniels: Get your vest on.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: No. I got police work to do.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: If you felt this way, why didn't you call in sick?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'm not sick.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: Yeah, you are. Give me a 95 on why you are physically unable to participate in today's action.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'm gonna lie so you can save face?
Lt. Cedric Daniels: Write it up. "I can't jump out with my unit because my tummy hurts."
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'm not gonna help you gut this case. If you want to pretend to be a police, you go ahead.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий