27 февр. 2023 г.

Elvis (2022)

Colonel Tom Parker: It don't matter if you do ten stupid things, as long as you do one smart one.

Colonel Tom Parker: As an orphan, I ran away to the carnival, where I learned the art of the "snow job," of emptying a rube's wallet while leaving them with nothing but a smile on their face. But a carnival act that would get you the most money, the most snow, had great costumes and a unique trick, that gave the audience feelings they weren't sure they should enjoy. But they do.

Colonel Tom Parker: Now, I don't know nothin' about music... But I could see in that girl's eyes, that she was having feelings she wasn't sure she should enjoy... He was a taste of forbidden fruit. She could've eaten him alive. It was the greatest carnival attraction I'd ever seen.

Gladys: I don't know how to explain it. But I saw it in that girl's eyes. It's something beyond us, but I know that whatever it is, it's something that... It's something that can come between us.
Elvis: Oh, no, mama, no. Hey. Ain't nothing ever gonna do that. You're my girl. My satnin. You'll always be my bestest girl. ... I will call you every night.
Gladys: Will you promise me, booby?
Elvis: I promise. I promise. I promise, I promise.

Colonel Tom Parker: A snowman is only as good... as his attraction.

Colonel Tom Parker: Creatures of the carnival. And I am one myself. It's where I learned the art of the snow job.
Elvis: Snow job?
Colonel Tom Parker: Yes. It's like the trick you do with the wiggling, getting all the girls hyped up, empty their wallets and leave them with nothing but the smiles on their faces.
Elvis: I'm no trickster.
Colonel Tom Parker: Oh, yes, you are. All showmen are snowmen.

Vernon: "I hate Elvis." Huh?
Gladys: I hate Elvis.
Colonel Tom Parker: In my way of thinking, "I love Elvis," that's an easy sell. Those who hate your son will do so whether we profit from it or not. After all, what is hate worth if it's free?

Colonel Tom Parker: What song are you going to sing tonight?
I've made no decision. I'll feel it.

Elvis: A reverend once told me... "When things are too dangerous to say... sing."

— Well, before the army, we found no record of you at all. No passport, no residency. You were never a colonel. Never a Tom. You weren't even a Parker. Why did you flee Holland, Andreas Van Kuijk?

Priscilla: Do you still love me?
When you're 40 and I'm 50, we'll be back together. You'll see.

Colonel Tom Parker: Oh, you see, my boy, the... truth about the rock of eternity... It is forever just beyond our reach.

Elvis: I'm gonna be 40 soon, 'cilla. Forty. And nobody's gonna remember me. I never did anything lasting. I never made that classic film that I could be proud of...


++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий