22 февр. 2023 г.

Black Day

Peaky Blinders 6×1


Lizzie: You're not even a soldier any more, Tommy. You didn't check your weapon. You're not a soldier, you're a coward.

Captain Swing: ... Also, you should know that saving Mosley's life wasn't our only intervention last night. We've made some changes to the structure of your organisation...

Captain Swing: Please be aware, Mr Shelby, that the deaths of your people... are your own responsibility... because you consistently fail to understand your own limitations.

Bartender: You want a drink?
Tommy: I'll have a glass of water, please.

Tommy: No. I ordered water because I no longer drink alcohol of any kind.

Tommy: Before this goes any further, please let me explain... I will not drink your toast cos four years ago, I forswore alcohol... Since I foreswore alcohol, I've become a calmer and more peaceful person. Sometimes, in moments of personal conflict... I can resort to me old ways. If this were to happen now, it would indeed be a black day in Miquelon.

Tommy: You know, Michael, when you're dealing with a very powerful enemy, taking revenge sometimes requires time. You have to... pick your moment. That moment will come.

Tommy: Gentlemen, today is the last day of prohibition. But rather than see it as the end of something, I believe that, for men like us, it can present... a new beginning. A new opportunity.

Tommy: ...now that whisky is about to become legal, the trade will fall back into the hands of capitalists from New York, Boston and Toronto. But... when one door closes... another one opens. We can take advantage of the systems that are in place on Miquelon Island and offer selected boat crews the opportunity to carry on working. But this time with a different cargo...

Tommy: You know, since we last met, Michael... well, I've become a better man. I now realise that whisky is just fuel for the loud engines inside your head.
O'Donnell: Catch yourself on! What is this guy, a fuckin' poet? Eh?
Tommy: Oh, I do read poetry, but I don't yet write it.

O'Donnell: Good boy... Now, give us all a poem before we go.
Tommy: Want to hear a poem?.. Want to hear a poem?.. What about you, Brainbox?

Tommy: I was angry with my friend
     I told my wrath, my wrath did end
     I was angry with my foe
     I told it not... my wrath did grow.

It's from The Poison Tree by William Blake. You won't have heard of him.

Tommy: Beware the man with a bleeding heart tattoo with "Maria" written in red... Have a good day, gentlemen.

Ada: Come on, Lizzie, he'll be on holiday. Being away might change him.
Lizzie: Even on holiday, Ada... even on top of a rocky mountain, he'll be the same way he's been since Polly died. No more Polly, no more whisky, no more Tommy.

Tommy: He's a very powerful, very impressive man. I've only seen photographs - when he was young, police mug shots, and, more recently, in high-society magazines. I think this represents progress.

Gina: Go home, boy. Bye-bye, Mr Shelby.

Tommy: ...then I'll get this business done, you get here with the children, and then no more. And it'll just be us and the clean air out in the west. I've found a place in the mountains. There'll be snow. Tell Ruby, tell Ruby I'll build her a snowman.

Lizzie: When she was delirious, she kept saying these Gypsy words, er... "Tickner maura, tickner maura, o beng, o beng," over and over again.
Tommy: What? Lizzie, what...? What did you say? What did Ruby say?

Tommy: All right, I'm coming home.

Michael: So, you didn't learn. When my mother died at the hands of your ambition, you didn't learn your limitations.
Tommy: I have no limitations.

Tommy: According to Jack Nelson's personal accounts, he bought passage for five people from Boston to Liverpool. Five people, his wife, his mistress, President Roosevelt's son, himself... and Gina Gray. Gina's coming to London, Michael... where I will be happy to show her the sights.

Tommy: Spirits, Boston Irish and Uncle Jack... I'm ready for the conversation.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий