26 июл. 2020 г.

The Company We Keep

Outlander 5×4


Roger: What can we do? What can we do? Oh, Lord, give me courage.

Jamie: What's this "difficulty" Fergus told me about?
Roger: Wee bit of a misunderstanding on our arrival.
Jamie: And ye cleared it up with our whisky?
Roger: When in Rome, do as the Romans do... When I was a professor at Oxford, I loved telling my students about words and phrases, their origins, their meanings. Do you know where the expression "Dutch courage" comes from?
Jamie: I'm sure ye're about to tell me. What's it got to do wi' Rome?

Roger: Some say it dates back a century ago to when English troops would drink to calm themselves before heading into battle. Others say the English witnessed the incredible courage gin gave the Dutch. A number of times in history, an advance of soldiers were stopped by an exchange of alcohol or goods. Take the First World War, for example. There was a daily rum ration on the western front...
Jamie: Where are Morrison and Scott?

Jamie: And what were you gonna do once the whisky ran out?
Roger: I was hoping you would arrive before that happened, and you did. I avoided confrontation. I kept the peace.
Jamie: Do ye ken the meaning of the word "captain," Professor MacKenzie? Is that one ye can explain to me?


Jamie: Yer men left because ye betrayed their trust. Those who remain willna have much faith left. They swore to follow us into battle, to risk their lives. As captain, ye must honor their loyalty above all else.
Roger: What good is loyalty if the men are hurt or worse? I was responsible for that too...

Marsali: I prayed every night for God to take him. I let my mind be consumed by thoughts of all the terrible things that could happen to him. He died in prison. I killed him.
Claire: You didn't kill him.
Marsali: You see, thinking, no matter how hard or long, doesna make something come true. Or else I'd be the queen of some castle filled with jewels and fine wines.

Claire: Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ!

Jamie: I made ye a captain without time to prepare ye or teach you what the word meant.
Roger: From the old French capitaine via the Latin...
Jamie: Lead my wife home.
Claire: ... Don't worry. We'll be back with them before you know it.
Roger: It's not that that concerns me. He doesna have any faith in me.
Claire: He just entrusted you with the one thing he loves most.
Roger: Aye.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий