31 июл. 2020 г.

Hamilton (2020)

Aaron Burr: While we're talking ♪ Let me offer you some free advice ♪ Talk less ♪
Alexander Hamilton: What?
Aaron Burr: Smile more ♪ Don't let them know ♪ What you're against or what you're for
Alexander Hamilton: You can't be serious
Aaron Burr: You wanna get ahead?
Alexander Hamilton: Yes
Aaron Burr: Fools who run their mouths off ♪ Wind up dead ♪

George Washington: ... Nathanael Greene and Henry Knox ♪ Wanted to hire you
Alexander Hamilton: Yeah, to be their secretary. I don't think so.
George Washington: Now, why are you upset?
Alexander Hamilton: I'm not.
George Washington: It's all right, you wanna fight ♪ You've got a hunger ♪ I was just like you when I was younger ♪ Head full of fantasies ♪ Of dying like a martyr?
Alexander Hamilton: Yes.
George Washington: Dying is easy, young man ♪ Living is harder
Alexander Hamilton: Why are you telling me this?
George Washington: I'm being honest ♪ I'm working with a third ♪ Of what our congress has promised ♪ We are a powder keg about to explode ♪ I need someone like you to ♪ Lighten the load, so...

George Washington: Let me tell you what I wish I'd known ♪ When I was young and dreamed of glory ♪ You have no control ♪ Who lives? Who dies? ♪ Who tells your story? ♪ I know that we can win ♪ I know that greatness lies in you ♪ But remember, from here on in ♪ History has its eyes ♪ On you

George Washington: You wanna pull yourself together?
Alexander Hamilton: I'm sorry. ♪ These Virginians are birds of a feather.
George Washington: Young man, I'm from Virginia. ♪ So, watch your mouth.
Alexander Hamilton: So we let Congress get held hostage by the South?
George Washington: You need the votes.
Alexander Hamilton: No, we need bold strokes. ♪ We need this plan.
George Washington: No, you need to convince more folks.
Alexander Hamilton: Well, James Madison won't talk to me. ♪ That's a nonstarter.
George Washington: Ah. Winning was easy, young man. ♪ Governing's harder.
Alexander Hamilton: They're being intransigent.
George Washington: You have to find a compromise.
Alexander Hamilton: They don't have a plan. ♪ They just hate mine!
George Washington: Convince them otherwise.
Alexander Hamilton: And what happens if I don't get congressional approval?
George Washington: I imagine they'll call for your removal.
Alexander Hamilton: Sir.
George Washington: Figure it out, Alexander. ♪ That's an order from your commander.

Aaron Burr: No one else was in the room ♪ Where it happened ♪ No one really knows ♪ How the game is played ♪ The art of the trade ♪ How the sausage gets made
- We just assume that it happens
Aaron Burr: But no one else is in the room ♪ Where it happens
- Thomas claims:
Thomas Jefferson: Alexander was on Washington's doorstep ♪ One day, in distress and disarray
- Thomas claims:
Thomas Jefferson: Alexander said: ♪ I have nowhere else to turn ♪ And basically begged me ♪ To join the fray ♪
- Thomas claims:
Thomas Jefferson: I approached Madison and said: ♪ "I know you hate him ♪ But let's hear what he has to say"
- Thomas claims:
Thomas Jefferson: Well, I arranged the meeting ♪ I arranged the menu ♪ The venue, the seating ♪
Aaron Burr: But no one else was in the room ♪ Where it happened ♪ ..... ♪ No one really knows ♪ How the parties get to yes ♪ The pieces that are sacrificed ♪ In every game of chess ♪ We just assume that it happens ♪ But no one else is in the room ♪ Where it happens


Aaron Burr: Alexander Hamilton ♪ What did they say to you ♪ To get you to sell New York City ♪ Down the river? ♪ Alexander Hamilton ♪ Did Washington ♪ Know about the dinner ♪ Was there presidential pressure ♪ To deliver? ♪ ♪ Alexander Hamilton ♪ Or did you know even then ♪ It doesn't matter ♪ Where you put the US capital? ♪ 'Cause we'll have the banks ♪ We're in the same spot ♪ You got more than you gave
Alexander Hamilton: And I wanted what I got ♪ When you got skin in the game ♪ You stay in the game ♪ But you don't get a win ♪ Unless you play in the game ♪
Aaron Burr: Oh, you get love for it ♪ You get hate for it
Alexander Hamilton: You get nothing if you ♪ Wait for it, wait for it, wait ♪ God help and forgive me ♪ I wanna build something ♪ That's gonna outlive me ♪

Aaron Burr: I've got to be ♪ I wanna be ♪ I've got to be ♪ In the room where it happens ♪ In the room ♪ The room where it happens ♪ That big old room ♪ The art of the compromise ♪ Hold your nose and close your eyes ♪ We want our leaders to save the day ♪ But we don't get a say ♪ In what they trade away ♪ We dream of a brand-new start ♪ But we dream in the dark ♪ For the most part ♪ Dark as a tomb where it happens ♪ I've got to be in the room ♪ Where it happens ♪ I've got to be ♪ In the room where it happens

Alexander Hamilton: What do you need, sir? Sir?
George Washington: I wanna give you a word of warning
Alexander Hamilton: Sir, I don't know what you heard, ♪ but whatever it is, Jefferson started it.
George Washington: Thomas Jefferson resigned this morning
Alexander Hamilton: You're kidding.
George Washington: I need a favor
Alexander Hamilton: Whatever you say, sir ♪ Jefferson will pay for his behavior ♪ Shh, talk less ♪ I'll use the press ♪ I'll write under a pseudonym ♪ You'll see what I can do to him
George Washington: I need you to draft an address
Alexander Hamilton: Yes, he resigned ♪ You can finally speak your mind
George Washington: No, he's stepping down ♪ So he can run for president
Alexander Hamilton: Ha! Good luck defeating you, sir.
George Washington: I'm stepping down ♪ I'm not running for president
Alexander Hamilton: I'm sorry, what?!

George Washington: One last time ♪ Relax, have a drink with me ♪ One last time ♪ Let's take a break tonight ♪ And then we'll teach 'em ♪ How to say goodbye ♪ To say goodbye

George Washington: The people will hear from me ♪ One last time ♪ And if we get this right ♪ We're gonna teach 'em ♪ How to say goodbye ♪ You and I
Alexander Hamilton: Mr. President ♪ They will say you're weak
George Washington: No, they will see we're strong
Alexander Hamilton: Your position is so unique
George Washington: So I'll use it to move them along
Alexander Hamilton: Why do you have to say goodbye?
George Washington: If I say goodbye ♪ The nation learns to move on ♪ It outlives me when I'm gone ♪ Like the scripture says ♪ "Everyone shall sit ♪ Under their own vine and fig tree ♪ And no one shall make them afraid" ♪ They'll be safe in the nation ♪ We've made ♪ I want to sit under my own vine ♪ And fig tree ♪ A moment alone in the shade ♪ At home in this nation we've made ♪ One last time ♪ One last time?

Angelica Schuyler: There are moments ♪ That the words don't reach ♪ There is suffering ♪ Too terrible to name ♪ You hold your child ♪ As tight as you can ♪ And push away the unimaginable ♪ The moments when you're in so deep ♪ It feels easier to just swim down

Alexander Hamilton: Look around, look around, Eliza
Angelica Schuyler: They are trying to do the unimaginable ♪ ♪ There are moments ♪ That the words don't reach ♪ There's a grace too powerful to name ♪ We push away ♪ What we can never understand ♪ We push away the unimaginable

Angelica Schuyler: They are standing in the garden ♪ Alexander by Eliza's side ♪ She takes his hand ♪ It's quiet uptown ♪ Forgiveness ♪ Can you imagine? ♪ Forgiveness ♪ Can you imagine?

Aaron Burr: Let me tell you what I wish I'd known ♪ When I was young and dreamed of glory ♪ You have no control ♪ Who lives? Who dies? ♪ Who tells your story?
President Jefferson: I'll give him this, his financial system is a work of genius. I couldn't undo it if I tried. And I tried.
Aaron Burr: Who lives? Who dies? ♪ Who tells your story?
President Madison: He took our country ♪ from bankruptcy to prosperity. ♪ I hate to admit it, ♪ but he doesn't get enough credit ♪ for all the credit that he gave us.
Aaron Burr: Who lives? Who dies? ♪ Who tells your story?
Angelica Schuyler: Every other founding father's story ♪ Gets told ♪ Every other founding father ♪ Gets to grow old ♪ And when you're gone ♪ Who remembers your name? ♪ Who keeps your flame? ♪ Who tells your story? ♪


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий