26 июл. 2020 г.

Normal People 1×5

Connell: Don't think I'm brilliant or anything like that.
Marianne: Mm?
Connell: No, I mean it. It's just... no one else does their reading properly. They literally show up to discuss a book that they haven't even read, and then they just bang on about it, like, with complete confidence. And then... people are fools.
Marianne: And that bothers you?
Connell: I suppose it does a little bit. No, that's not even it. It's... What upsets me is it's... is that I... barely know what to say half the time, like... Like outside of this. Outside of work. Like... Like they don't have to go around and pretend, or... be anything other than themselves. You know? And I feel like I'm... walking around trying on a hundred different versions of myself. It's just not working, or...
Marianne: It doesn't seem like that. From the outside, I mean.

Connell: Apparently everybody knew about us, anyway.
Marianne: Everyone knew what?
Connell: That we were seeing each other.
Marianne: I didn't tell anyone, Connell, I swear to God!
Connell: Ah, fuck, I know. That's not what I mean. I mean... My point is is that even if you had told people, it wouldn't have mattered.
Marianne: Were they horrible about it?
Connell: No. Believe it or not, no one even cared. I feel really guilty about all that stuff I said to you about, uh... how bad it would be if people found out. Like, obviously that was just... That was just what was going on in my head, and... There'd be no reason why anybody would care. I just...

Connell: Marianne, I... I really am sorry.
Marianne: I forgive you.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий