24 авг. 2016 г.

The Seven Year Itch

& Richard Sherman: In the 25-cent book business, you can sell anything. Even the old, dreary classics. The trick is to soup up the title... and get an interesting cover. It’s all a question of imagination...

& Richard Sherman: Oh, no, not me. Not me. And I’m not gonna smoke either.

& Richard Sherman: Chapter three: «The Repressed Urge in the Middle-Aged Male. Its Roots and its Consequences...»

& Richard Sherman: Please, Miss Finch. There is such a thing as ethics. Remember, you are a registered nurse!
    Nurse Finch: Ethics? Once I had ethics. Once I was young. Once I had ideals. I was registered! And then... you happened.

& Richard Sherman: Miss Finch, for five nights now you’ve been taking my pulse. Have you never noticed this simple band of gold?

& Richard Sherman: Don’t worry about me. Just remember. That although I have tremendous personal magnetism... I also have tremendous strength of character.
    Helen Sherman: And tremendous imagination.

& The Girl: ...it was sort of embarrassing... Honestly, I almost died. There I was with a perfectly strange plumber and no polish on my toenails.

& The Girl: Potato chips, champagne. You really think you can get it open?
    Richard Sherman: Oh, yeah. I’ve opened one or two before in my life. It’s simply a matter of pressure and counter-pressure.

& The Girl: You’re married!
    Richard Sherman: I am? Yes, I am.
    The Girl: I knew it. I could tell. You look married.
    Richard Sherman: Actually, my wife and I are separated. Separated in the sense that she went away for the summer.
    The Girl: Any children?
    Richard Sherman: No. Well, just one very little one.


& Richard Sherman: Do you wanna waste it now that you know I’m married?
    The Girl: I think it’s wonderful that you’re married! I think it’s just elegant!

& The Girl: I wouldn’t be lying on the floor with some man if he wasn’t married.
    Richard Sherman: That’s an interesting line of reasoning.

& The Girl: With a married man it’s so simple. I mean, it can’t possibly ever get drastic...
    Richard Sherman: In what sense can’t it get drastic?
    The Girl: People keep falling in love with me.
    Richard Sherman: I can believe it.
    The Girl: They get this strange idea.
    Richard Sherman: I believe that too.
    The Girl: They ask me to marry them. All the time. I don’t know why they do it.
    Richard Sherman: Maybe it’s a kind of nervousness...
    The Girl: Maybe.

& The Girl: That’s what’s wonderful about a married man. No matter what, he can’t ask you to marry him. He’s married already. Right?

& Richard Sherman: Well, how about some music? Let’s see what we’ve got here... Debussy, Ravel, Stravinsky. Hey, how about this one? Rachmaninoff, the Second Piano Concerto. You look to me like a big Rachmaninoff girl.
    The Girl: I do? Funny, I don’t know anything about music.
    Richard Sherman: You don’t have to. Just listen to it, that’s all.

& The Girl: This is classical music, isn’t it? I can tell. There’s no vocal.
    Richard Sherman: Don’t talk. Don’t fight it. Relax. Go limp.
    The Girl: Like this?

& The Girl: Hey, did you ever try dunking a potato chip in champagne? It’s real crazy!

& The Girl: Why do you stop?
    Richard Sherman: You know why. Because now I’m going to take you in my arms and kiss you... very quickly and very hard.

& Richard Sherman: Don’t you think it’d be more effective... to show a man terrorizing a young girl, sales-wise?
    Dr. Brubaker: I’m not a salesman. I’m a doctor. I heal sick minds.

& Richard Sherman: If she tells anybody about this, I’ll kill her with my bare hands.
    Dr. Brubaker: A possible solution. But murder is the most difficult crime to commit. Until you are able to commit a simple act of terror, I strongly advise you to avoid anything as complex as murder.

& Richard Sherman: If anyone were to walk in, would they ever get the wrong idea. Cinnamon toast for two, strange blond in the shower. Explain that. Tell them you spent the night wrapping a paddle...

& Richard Sherman: I can explain everything: the stairs, the cinnamon toast, the blond in the kitchen.
    Tom MacKenzie: Wait! Wait a minute Dickey-Boy. What blond in the kitchen?
    Richard Sherman: Oh, wouldn’t you like to know! Maybe it’s Marilyn Monroe!

& Richard Sherman: She loves me, all right.
    The Girl: Isn’t she jealous?
    Richard Sherman: Not really. How can anybody be jealous of somebody with a briefcase... who’s getting a little pot and can’t keep his eyes open past 9?

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий