7 авг. 2016 г.

Look Who's Back

& Führer: My problem is that wherever I go, people don’t greet me properly any more.
    Köppl: Sadly, you’re not the only one who’s not greeted properly.
    Führer: You arrive, and... I mean, no one does this any more. It’s disappeared.
    Köppl: Apparently, it’s out of fashion.

& Führer: I have truly done all that is humanly possible in order to, on this soil desecrated by the enemy, destroy the foundations for a continued existence. By all rights, the German people should have ceased to exist. They are, however, as I now realize, still here. To me, this seems almost inconceivable.

& Führer: The youth here are apparently not much help.

& Führer: The rubble is gone, but the people seem to have gone completely mad! Did I fall into a coma and miss the victory?

& Führer: Industrially pressed grain... Are there still supply shortages for bread?

& Führer: Turks, in Berlin? How remarkable! The Ottoman Empire managed to turn the war. I wouldn’t have expected such a feat from the Turks!

& Führer: Even Poland still exists. And on German territory, no less! The whole war was a waste!

& Fabian: Sawatzki, Fabian.
    Führer: Hitler, Adolf.


& Katja: Just one thing, Mr. ...
    Führer: Hitler.
    Katja: Yes. We do agree: the topic of Jews is not funny.
    Führer: How right you are, Mrs. Bellini.

& Führer: ...And then along came Douglas Engelbart and invented this «mouse» device.

& Führer: This Wikipedia... Even the name illustrates the ingenuity of the Aryans. «Pedia» like «encyclopedia,» «wiki» like the explorer blood of the Vikings.

& Führer: When times are bad... people need light entertainment. That’s why, in 1944, we broadcast light comedies. But how bad can times get... for the people to be bombarded with such idiotic nonsense!

& Führer: What kind of country is this? Child poverty... old-age poverty, unemployment... Birthrate lower than ever. No wonder! Who wants to have a child in this country?

& Führer: A leader is nothing without his people. It’s like Mozart without a piano. He could play violin with his sister, but if we take that away too?
    Moderator: What’s your piano?
    Führer: The people. I play piano on the people.
    Moderator: The black keys as well?
    Führer: The black keys as well. When they have to be pressed.

& Führer: Build the Fourth Reich? They can’t even build an Ikea shelf.

& NPD chairman: Is this for Channel 7 or something?
    Führer: This is for Germany!

& Kärrner: Anything is possible in TV. The viewer will forgive nearly anything. But killing a little dog... The German soul will not forgive it.

& Grandma: He looks the same. He says the same things. And back then, people were laughing at first, too.

& Führer: I can understand. But as politician, you have to set priorities, Sawatzki. It’s like the ’36 Olympics. You put the persecution on hold for three weeks.

& Führer: I understand that you have feelings for Fräulein Krömeier, I do. Perhaps only a small part of her is Jewish. The body can handle a certain amount of Jewishness.

& Sawatzki: You’re fooling people with your propaganda!
    Führer: Oh, Sawatzki... You don’t understand. In 1933, people were not fooled by propaganda. They elected a leader, who openly disclosed his plans in great clarity. The Germans elected me.
    Sawatzki: You’re a monster.
    Führer: Am I? Then you have to condemn those who elected this monster. Were they all monsters? No, they were ordinary people who chose to elect an extraordinary man, and entrust the fate of the country to him.

& Führer: What do you want to do, Sawatzki? Ban elections?
    Sawatzki: No, but I’m going to stop you.
    Führer: Have you never asked yourself... why people follow me? Because at their core, they are just like me. They have the same values.

& Führer: ...you won’t shoot. You can’t get rid of me. I’m a part of you. A part of all of you.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий