17 авг. 2016 г.

Done

Hell on Wheels 5×14


& Bohannon: An address? China?

& Durant: Ribbed with iron, clad in silver, and crowned with gold, this spike will wed the oceans...

& Durant: ...At the fall of my hammer, the operator will tap out a three dot transmission. The message? One word... Done.

& Bohannon: It’s over, there ain’t no sides. All right? Except the side of whiskey.

& Campbell: What the hell is this all about? Mr. Bohannon?
    Bohannon: .... Mick?
    Mickey: I...
    Bohannon: Hell if we know.

& Huntington: Once you’re back in San Francisco, we’ll get started on the Southern Pacific.
    Bohannon: Shortline?
    Huntington: Uh-uh. She doesn’t have the romance of the transcontinental, but don’t write her off. She’s just beginning. Plenty of roads to build yet.

& Grant: Have you boys heard how to tell a good Yankee from a bad one? Mr. Bohannon?
    Bohannon: Why, that’s simple, Mr. President. All the good Yankees go home.


& Grant: I’d like to make you a Colonel in the Fourth Cavalry...

& Bohannon: Sounds like you’re asking me to wear Union Blue.
    Grant: I’m asking you to wear an American uniform. Your country needs you, Mr. Bohannon. Don’t deny who you are.

& Grant: You’re a soldier. Lost without a war to fight.

& Bohannon: The fact I know to be true is that the transcontinental railroad could not have been built without Thomas Durant.

& Campbell: This committee has the authority to hold you in contempt, Colonel.
    Bohannon: You have the right to detain me, Governor, but that won’t change the fact that the transcontinental railroad could not have been built without...
    Campbell: Thomas Durant.

& Louise: The point is to let Mrs. Toole tell her story in her own words... Go ahead, Eva. We won’t interrupt.

& General Custer: Don’t worry about Grant’s bullshit. You’ll ship out, kill some Injuns, blam, blam, blam, then ride back to Washington a hero. Nothing better.

& Priest: Do you seek salvation? Do you wish to be saved?

& Durant: I’m not interested in the record of history... I am interested in reality.

& Durant: Dreams don’t come pretty, they don’t come clean and they sure as hell don’t come simple... They come true.

& Durant: Truth delivered by lies is no less true. And dreams made reality by falsehood are no less real... 1,776 miles of iron track, that is what I delivered!

& Durant: Put me on trial, lock me in prison, erase me from the record. For history is written in pencil... And the truth is carved in steel across this nation. And one truth above all others is this... Without me and men like me, your glorious railroad could never have been built.

The End



To everyone who made Hell on Wheels... And to everyone who loves it, AMC says
thank you for a hell of a ride.

--
On the IMDb

Σ Thanks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий