2 авг. 2016 г.

Spring

Tyrant 3×1


& Leila: I wouldn’t celebrate too quickly. You’re married to an Al Fayeed. One day, they will come for you, too.

& Bassam: I started thinking about what they did in Tunisia, in South Africa... That for this cycle to end, one of these days, the victims will have to stop saying, «I want revenge,» and just say... «I forgive.»

& Bassam: ...And I’m the president. Are you gonna say no to me?

& Sammy: ...16 months ago, we were an ordinary family from Pasadena, and now look where we are, what we’ve accomplished. Not so bad where life takes us.

& Nabil: Oh, from the Red Hand to the Blue Finger.... You know, the ink that proves you voted in an election... Blue finger.

& Bassam: It’s not enough just to call an election six months from now. Experiments in democracy fail all the time. We can’t plan a better future for ourselves until we come to terms with our failed past.

& Leila: I lived on the sidelines for 20 years, Bassam. Watching and nodding while other people made mistakes... I want to be foreign secretary, the first woman foreign secretary of an Arab nation.


& Aziz: Is there anything I can do for you, madame? Anything else?

& — Can you pretend to forgive?
    Sammy: You don’t pretend. You force yourself until it becomes the truth.

& Bassam: ...here’s the real question. Are you truly committed to democracy in Abuddin, whatever outcome it produces? Or will America be seen by the whole world as only having supported me?

& Molly: It’s like King Lear. They’ll all fight for your kingdom now.

& Molly: Barry... do you still love me?
    Barry: You know the answer to that.
    Molly: Mm-hmm. Are you still... in love with me?

& Bassam: I have a meeting with the Egyptian foreign minister. What’s everyone else up to?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий