10 авг. 2016 г.

Funny Face

& Maggie Prescott: In the 60 years of QUALITY magazine, this hits rock bottom. If I let this go through, I will have failed the American woman... The great American woman who stands out there naked waiting for me to tell her what to wear.

& Maggie Prescott: A magazine must be like a human being. If it comes into the home, it must contribute. It just can’t lie around. A magazine must have... Blood and brains and bozazz.

& Maggie Prescott: Yes! «D» for down! «D» for dreary! «D» for dull and for depressing, dismal and deadly!

& Maggie Prescott: Lettie, take an editorial! To the women of America... No. Make it to the women everywhere. Banish the black, burn the blue and bury the beige. From now on, girls... Think pink! ...
    Red is dead, blue is through green’s obscene, brown’s taboo.
    And there is not the slightest excuse for plum or puce... or chartreuse.
    Think pink!

& Jo Stockton: I have asked you to leave. That is my right. If the rights of the individual are not respected by the group, the group itself cannot exist for long.
    Maggie Prescott: What does that mean?
    Dick Avery: Something like do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
    Maggie Prescott: We’re only going to do unto you for a moment.

& Jo Stockton: Why did you do that?
    Dick Avery: Empathy. I put myself in your place and I felt that you wanted to be kissed.
    Jo Stockton: I’m afraid you put yourself in the WRONG place. I have no desire to be kissed, by you or anyone else.

& Dick Avery: Don’t be silly. Everybody wants to be kissed, even philosophers.


& Maggie Prescott: The Quality Woman must have grace, elegance and pizazz.
    Dick Avery: Every girl on every page of Quality has grace, elegance, and pizazz. Now, what’s wrong with bringing out a girl who has character, spirit, and intelligence?

& Dick Avery: When I get through with you, you’ll look like... What do you call beautiful? A tree. You’ll look like a tree.

& Maggie Prescott: Duval, please. I can’t hear myself think, and I’m trying to think in French.

& Dick Avery: All right. No more jokes. But let’s be friendly. We have to work together, you know.
    Jo Stockton: You don’t have to be friendly to work together. Acquainted will do.

& Dick Avery: You are mad, aren’t you?
    Jo Stockton: No, I’m not mad. I... I’m hurt and disappointed and... And mad!

& Jo Stockton: I’m sorry. I’m terribly nervous. I’ve never done anything like this.
    Dick Avery: There’s nothing to be nervous about. You’re going to be great. Now, listen closely, you’re in Paris, in the Tuileries, you’ve got balloons, there’s a sudden shower, and you’re very, very happy.
    Jo Stockton: Why am I so happy?
    Dick Avery: Because I say you are. That’s all you have to know.

& Dick Avery: Now you’re a creature of tragedy, heartbroken, suffering. You’re Anna Karenina.
    Jo Stockton: Shall I throw myself under the train?
    Dick Avery: We’ll see. But for now, just wonderful, noble self-sacrifice.

& Dick Avery: Now, when I say, «Go,» walk down with fire in your eyes and murder on your mind. Wet your lips.

& Dick Avery: Now, look, Flostre may be the Quiz Kid of the century. He may be the greatest philosopher since Aristotle, but he’s also a man. And I’m telling you he’s more man than philosopher.
    Jo Stockton: Are you suggesting that Flostre’s interest in me is anything but intellectual?
    Dick Avery: He’s about as interested in your intellect as I am.
Ω !! =8-O 1957!

& Maggie Prescott: Let’s give them the old bozazz!

& Maggie Prescott: Professor, I love every broken bone in your body!

& Maggie Prescott: Wait a minute. I understand the whole thing. She put herself in your place. All you have to do is put yourself in her place, and the two of you are bound to run into each other in somebody’s place.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий