3 авг. 2016 г.

House of Cards 4×9

Chapter 48


& Senator Sheer: I think she’d make a terrific vice president.

& — We’ve been writing their speeches since they took office.
    — We know what we’re doing.
    Thomas: Well, do you want it to be good, or do you want it to be yours?

& Underwood: You know, I’m having fun. I forgot how much I miss being whip.
    Durant: You whip ’em. I’ll sweet talk ’em. Nothing like leather and sugar.

& Underwood: Do you know the main thing that separates a politician from the rest of the species?.. A politician is the one who would drown a litter of kittens for ten minutes of prime time.

& Celia: I won’t deny that the Underwoods have been good to me. But no. They asked me to vote for Catherine Durant. And while I think Secretary Durant would be a wonderful woman for the job, I think Claire is the best woman for the job.

& Underwood: Tragic, huh? But, then again, one man’s tragedy is another man’s treasure, isn’t that right?
    Thomas: Trash.
    Underwood: What?
    Thomas: «One man’s trash.» That’s how the saying goes.

& Claire: You have nothing to worry about, Cathy. Honestly.


& Seth: She’s clean.
    Doug: No. I refuse to believe that.

& Durant: Well, you don’t actually think that will happen?
    Underwood: Oh, no! I mean, a First Lady as VP? No.

& Durant: Well, let’s say Claire does take the lead, however unlikely that may be...
    Underwood: Very unlikely, I would say.
    Durant: Well, let’s say she does. What do you propose?

& Underwood: No, I would never ask you to do that.
    Durant: But you don’t have to ask. We’re on the same team here.

& Claire: So apologize. It’s only pride.

& Underwood: .... So I’m looking forward to hearing whatever ideas and solutions that they may have... because a smart president will steal good ideas from anyone...
    Let’s kill them with kindness, shall we?

& Hannah: Do you think this a good idea?
    Conway: What choice do I have? He called my bluff.

& Underwood: Ben Grant owns Pollyhop...
    Conway: That’s right.
    Underwood: And you own Ben Grant.
    Conway: Isn’t that what power is? The people you collect?

& Underwood: Well, the key to being president is not only winning your battles, it’s winning them with dignity.

& Underwood: He is a fiction writer, after all. You’re a New York Republican. That’s an attractive fiction, isn’t it?
    Conway: And you’re a Democrat from South Carolina, that’s even bigger fiction.
    Underwood: Well, there you go.
    Conway: And I’m a New York Republican, which is basically a Democrat.
    Underwood: If you were a Democrat, you’d be unstoppable. You’d be the new JFK.
    Conway: And if you were a Republican, who’d you be? Nixon?
    Underwood: Nixon was a far more effective president. The only reason people glorify Kennedy is because he got shot.

& Underwood: The fog of war. A back room within a back room. ... You know, it’s at times like these I wish I was Nixon, had every nook and cranny bugged.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий