1 авг. 2013 г.

Mud

& Ellis: You got crosses in your heels.
    Mud: Nails.
    Neckbone: Shaped like crosses. What for?
    Mud: Ward off evil spirits. Bought ’em from a man I called an Indian, but he was a Mexican, said they were seven-league boots worn by the seventh son of the seventh son. Told me they’d turn me into a werewolf, that’s a lie. I don’t know nothin’ about that. They just good luck boots. As you can see, they ain’t working too well so far.

& Dad: Some people move to this river to work on it, and some people move here to be left alone.

& Neckbone: Why you have that pistol?
    Mud: Protection. Y’all needn’t be afraid of me. I’ve got two ways to protect myself out here, this shirt and this pistol. There are fierce powers at work in the world, boys. Good, evil, poor luck, best luck. As men, we’ve got to take advantage where we can.

& Senior: You know I love you?
    Ellis: Yes, sir. I know.
    Senior: I work you hard, ’cause life is work. You know that?
    Ellis: Yes, sir.


& Mud: There are things you can get away with in this world and there are things you can’t.

& Mud: Listen to me, if you see that old man, don’t you go near him. He’s the triple six real deal scratch.
    Ellis: What’s a scratch?
    Mud: It’s the devil himself.

& Neckbone: What’s so special about that shirt you’d lose your pistol for it?
    Mud: It’s got a wolf’s eye sewn into the sleeve. More protection than a bullet ever gave.

& Senior: Women are tough, boy. They set you up for things. You can’t trust love, Ellis. If you’re not careful, it’ll up and run out on you.

& Juniper: Why are you helping us?
    Ellis: Because y’all love each other.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий