27 авг. 2013 г.

Eminent Domain

Hell on Wheels 3×2

& Louise: What is it that holds you to this enterprise, Mr. Bohannon?
    Cullen: Every piece of steel we lay puts us closer to somewheres else. That’s about all I can say.
    Louise: So it’s more personal than just laying rail.
    Cullen: You’re the writer.

& Cullen: Grading crews work ahead of the tie-layers. 100 miles west, surveyors lay out the route. ... Rust eaters lay the rails. Walking boss makes sure the gauge is right. Spiker teams secure the rails to the ground. Fish-plates tie them together. 3 swings of the hammer per spike, 10 spikes per rail, 400 rails to a mile, 1,500 miles to Sacramento.

& Cullen: This ain’t no place for a lady, less’n she’s a whore.
    Louise: I can assure you, Mr. Bohannon, I am neither a lady nor a whore.
    Cullen: Figured you’d have to be a little bit of both being a newspaper woman.


& Dick Barlow, new Chief of Railroad Police: Coffee? My grandpap taught me how to make it. The trick is not to over-boil. And, of course, the sock. Now, uh, I use a clean one. But pap swore the riper the sock, the richer the brew. I like a dollop of fresh cream in mine, but it ain’t real regular I come across it. And kicking don’t get you nowhere less’n you’re a mule. So mostly, I just take mine black.

& Cullen: Shit! Should’ve killed that son of a bitch when I had the chance.
    Louise: May I quote you on that, Mr. Bohannon?

& Durant: Opportunity is a powerful elixir, Mrs. Palmer.
    Mrs. Palmer: Right. So you’re borrowing money you don’t have from a company you don’t work for to buy property you can’t afford to build a city that doesn’t exist.
    Durant: Spearheading, as it were. A new way of doing business in America.

& Durant: My current situation is but a temporary setback. History always sides with a winner.

& Barlow: How’s the coffee?
    Elam: It’s better the second day.
    Barlow: It’s the sock.

& Barlow: Don’t you ever stop talking?
    Elam: No, sir, I do not.
    Barlow: Out here, a quiet man is twice as likely as a noisy one to have his beard clung to by a bear. I intend to keep my scalp.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий