30 авг. 2013 г.

The Game

Hell on Wheels 3×4

& Jimmy Two Squaws: Yeah, I got me a you and an old Squaw. And the young Squaw is lazy. But the problem is is that the old Squaw used to be the young Squaw, and she’s lazy too. And now, all they do is fight about who’s doing what. And neither one of them is doing anything but fightin’. And that’s why I sleep on the roof.

& Jimmy Two Squaws: You know what the Kiowa do to strangers? They like to set fires. Fires to your hands, fires to your face, fire to your chest. Hell, I seen a Texan one time stark naked, tied to a post. And they had relieved him of his scalp, his fingers, and his plums. But then, they shoved hot coals under his skin. They watched him slow roast.

& Louise: The New York Tribune. Hmm. Madam, I once had the displeasure of meeting its editor, Durant: Horace Greeley. Utopian, whig, vegetarian. I hear he has Karl Marx writing for him now.
    Louise: Have you read Das Kapital?
    Durant: Huh. The ignorant ravings of an overeducated gasbag.

& Cullen: He’s dead.
    Elam: I reckon game over.
    Jimmy Two Squaws: No, you can’t leave. The game just started.
    Cullen: Yeah, well, it just ended.
    Jimmy Two Squaws: If you walk off that field, they will kill you. Lose or quit, you die. Told you before... Didn’t I?


& Elam: You should’ve killed that Indian.
    Cullen: Didn’t seem right somehow.
    Elam: After all them men you killed? Well, this is how we gonna die? ’Cause you picked today to stop killin’?

& Durant: Tell me about his latest transgressions.
    Sean: Well, he hasn’t really done anything wrong.
    Durant: Really? That is a matter of perspective, Mr. McGinnes. But this is Bohannon we’re talking about. Surely he’s killed somebody.

& Durant: You got your lumber?
    Cullen: Yep.
    Durant: Was it worth the trouble?
    Cullen: .... Wasn’t no trouble at all.

& Cullen: There I was, tied up, burning alive, all for a bunch of railroad ties... Prayed to God. He didn’t answer me... This crazy feller, he— he upped and saved me by marrying a bearded Squaw. ... Think that’s funny?.. Yeah.
    Ruth: And how do you know it wasn’t God who saved you?
    Cullen: ’Cause it was Jimmy Two Squaws and Buffalo Face.
    Ruth: God can have a sense of humor too, Mr. Bohannon.
    Cullen: Well, it is one hell of a big one, then.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий