1 авг. 2023 г.

People Are a Resource

The Walking Dead: Dead City 1×3


Negan: You need help? How am I supposed to know if you ain't yelling for it?

Negan: Okay. All right. We will just re-goddamn-trace our goddamn footsteps.

Negan: What's he want with you?
Amaia: To keep us safe.
Tommaso: His paranoid, crazy version of that. Kill or be killed.

Negan: She's tougher than she looks, and she looks tough as shit.

Negan: I am, um, getting a little feeling of déjà vu. Twelve, fifteen years ago, there was a... a fella down south. Showed up out of nowhere, a lot like this guy. Everybody flocked to him because he knew what they needed, what they wanted. Protection. Sanctuary. So we built a badass fortress. Formed an army out of psychopaths. And he forced people to join. And if they didn't? The hammer came down. Now soon enough, the people, they got fed up with it, so they got together. And they decided it was time to take that hammer back.
Tommaso: So what happened?
Maggie: It worked.
Negan: Hell yeah it worked.

Luther: So how is he gonna bait him?
Negan: You don't think he's gonna want payback? Eye for an eye? Dick for an ear?...

The Croat: That was my profession. Alternative energy. So naturally, when I first arrived here, I couldn't help asking myself, what is the most abundant natural resource on this island?.. Death. The sewers are full of it. As the bodies break down, they produce methane, and because the intermolecular forces are weak, the gas can be pressurized into a liquid fuel at regular temperatures. Amazing, isn't it?

The Croat: You understand, I can't offer you refuge until you no longer pose a threat. Because above all, above all in this vicious, monstrous world, we must stay safe.

Negan: If you wanna talk about it or whatever, I... Contrary to popular belief, I do occasionally... know how to shut up.

Negan: I don't know, Maggie. I mean, what else do we have? Besides hope.

Negan: All right, maybe back in the day you could go see some state doctor and he would help you get through all the horrible shit you've been through. But that is not the case anymore, so you gotta skip all the coping shit and get straight to the staying alive shit.

The Croat: Who is worth following here?
Pearlie: His name is Negan.

Negan: I think you got the wrong idea about me.
Luther: Do I? So this isn't you right here? Says that "if you have any information on this man, notify any office of the New Babylon Marshals. Do not approach unless armed". ... "Antisocial, prone to extreme violence, with above-average intelligence and charisma. Do not trust him".

Negan: Talk is cheap anyway, kid. Believe me, I oughta know. It doesn't matter what people say... It only matters what they do.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий