6 авг. 2023 г.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023)

Edgin: It's intoxicating when you realize that what separates you from what you've always wanted can be as thin as a pane of glass.

Edgin: Fly, bird, fly!

Forge: Never put your trust in a con man.

Forge: I never actually saw the appeal of being a father till I became one. But to have another person look up to you and allow you to shape them in your own image... It's a bit like a god! Well, hang on, I'm a god and a lord. I am really doing all right!

Simon: Oh, no, that's not Doric.... That's her.
Edgin: What is that again?
Simon: It's an owlbear.

Doric: I don't trust humans. I find you to be hateful and selfish.
Edgin: Well, I'm finding you to be a little mean.

Doric: What is it exactly that you bring to this?
Edgin: Me? I'm a planner. You know? I make plans.
Doric: You've already made the plan, so what value do you have now?
Edgin: If, uh, the plan fails... the existing plan... I make a new plan.
Doric: So you make plans that fail.
Edgin: No.
Holga: He also plays the lute.

Edgin: Can't you just open it with magic?
Simon: Okay, here we go. I hate how everyone thinks that you can solve any problem with magic. There are limits. This isn't some bedtime story. This is the real world.

Edgin: How'd you know I was a Harper?
Xenk: You may have forsworn your oath, but your oath hasn't forsworn you.
Edgin: Just because that sentence is symmetrical doesn't make it not nonsense.

Holga: In other words, Forge is a real son of a bitch.
Xenk: So you blame his mother for his corruption.
Holga: What? No, it's an expression.
Xenk: I see. I do not traffic in colloquialisms.

Xenk: You may not yet believe your words, but I do.
Edgin: Yeah. Good for you.

Xenk: The helmet lies on the far side of this chasm. But be warned, the bridge is protected by an ancient Gnomish trap. There is a precise formula we must follow so as not to trigger the mechanism.
Edgin: What's the formula?
Xenk: It's quite simple. Starting from the center, use odd-numbered blocks only, moving forward with each step, except for every fifth step, which must be a lateral move. Left or right, it matters not, so long as the leader and the laggard remain equidistant. After which, proceed. Again, odd-numbered blocks only. However, at the midpoint we switch to even-numbered blocks. Same pattern, except now a lateral move after the fourth step, until we reach the three...

Doric: You humans. You just can't help but lie.
Edgin: I didn't lie. I really thought Simon could do it.

Edgin: Guys, look. We got a couple hours till the games begin. This is what we do. We pivot. Instead of dwelling on what went wrong and who lied to whom, let's put our heads together and figure out a plan!

Simon: Aren't you sick of failing?
Edgin: No! That's the whole point! We must never stop failing, because the minute we do, we've failed.

Edgin: The games have started. We 're going to Plan C.
Simon: Oh, bollocks. What's Plan C?
Edgin: Plan C is we go back to Plan A. You're gonna attune to the helmet.
Holga: Why don't you just call it Plan A?
Edgin: Plan A has a stink on it.

Edgin: You're gonna get into that vault, okay? Not because you can... but because you must.

Forge: I'm in a pickle because... I don't want to see you die. Which is why I'm gonna leave the room.

Forge: And while I've only served the first year of my sentence, I have to say, it has been eye-opening. I have taken a look inside and I've asked myself, 'What's going on in there?' And, you know, I realized a lot of it goes back to my mum. She was a stern woman, prone to fits of...


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий