22 авг. 2023 г.

Fidelity

Westworld 4×6


Charlotte Hale: Unlike yours, my kind is perfect. Perfectly immortal. Perfectly rational. And yet, they're making irrational choices, choosing mortality, staining themselves with death. How are you making them do that?

Charlotte Hale: You're dead, Caleb. You have been for a very long time.

Charlotte Hale: ...there is a way out. An end to this torture. If you just answer my question.

Charlotte Hale: I offered you a path out, Caleb. You made your choice. You all did.

C.: You think this is gonna work?
Bernard Lowe: Sixty percent of the time, she'll wake up amenable to our plan. The other 40 percent, let's just say she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.
C.: You ever gonna tell me how you come up with these predictions, Nostradamus?
Bernard Lowe: Old habit. Comes from years of running probabilistic algorithms. The people who built the original park and hosts... they started first by building them in a simulation.

Bernard Lowe: In the old parks... they used hats to collect the data. The tech inside of them was slow, primitive by today's standards. To assume control of the world, Hale needed to understand minds at a much faster rate.
C.: So she upgraded to what?
Bernard Lowe: A ubiquitous system. There was one in practically every room in the park. Easily camouflaged because it played off the most base human impulse... vanity. Through the looking glass.
C.: No.
Bernard Lowe: Take a closer look...

Bernard Lowe: That's Maeve's mind...

Caleb Nichols: I have to get out.
Caleb Nichols: The only way out is... death.
Caleb Nichols: No. No! That's not good enough!
Caleb Nichols: Dying is just... the beginning.

Caleb Nichols: You must... burn.
Caleb Nichols: What?
Caleb Nichols: If you succeed, you... run. If you fail, you... hide.
Caleb Nichols: What are you talking about?
Caleb Nichols: I only know... what I told me.

C.: She doesn't know pain. None of them do. Feelings are just an affect to them. A switch that you can turn on and off. You can't love or lose fully when it's just a choice. So no, I don't have a soft spot for her like you apparently do.
Bernard Lowe: Saving the world makes for strange bedfellows.

Bernard Lowe: I know this is hard to hear, but there's not a single version where all of you make it out of here alive.
C.: So, what do you suggest that I do?
Bernard Lowe: You're going to have to kill one of them. Or they will kill you.
C.: I have to go.
Bernard Lowe: I know.

Charlotte Hale: These humans. Their petty defiances. Everything they do is so small, it's exhausting.

Caleb Nichols: Hey. Nothing is impossible. You know what kind of person can't be beat? The kind that doesn't give up.

Charlotte Hale: What a disappointment. ... Hundreds of times, I sat through your stupid memory, hoping to catch a single clue as to what makes you so special, so resistant to my command. And I learned jack shit. So I thought, nothing like a little hope to get you to show your cards. You made it farther than any of the others, and all you did was waste your shot on a worthless apology... You think a few words will make up for the choices you made all those years ago?

C.: Everything you guys did... that's why we're here.
Maeve Millay: Well then... let's finish what we started.

Charlotte Hale: Caleb... Wake up.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий