13 авг. 2023 г.

Rough Diamonds 1×8

Eli Wolfson: We're a lot of things, Mrs. Smets, but not thieves.

Jo Smets: No, I can't do that.
Noah Wolfson: Why not?
Jo Smets: For the same reason your people take off Saturdays: principles. I try to make criminals pay for what they do, and I do my best to do my duty. And I won't be bribed just because it's convenient for you.

Noah Wolfson: You get the prosecutor on the phone.
Or everyone's gonna find out you've been ratting on your fellow Jews.

Benny Feldman: We're just a few days from Yom Kippur. Don't you respect Hashem?
Eli Wolfson: Don't you?

Tommy McCabe: Dad, what does Yom Kippur mean? Aharon said to ask.
Noah Wolfson: Well, uh... it's a day of atonement. Which means that we can ask for forgiveness for...
Adina Glazer: It's the day when the Aibishter, God, looks at the things that we did in the past year and decides our fate for the next one.
Tommy McCabe: Does He forgive bad things?
Adina Glazer: Sometimes.

Alfred Smets: I need to move forward. If you hold onto something too long... it crumbles as you're holding it in your own hands.

Noah Wolfson: It's over. Adina, we're safe now.
Adina Glazer: But what was the price of it?
Noah Wolfson: You know it was the only way.
Adina Glazer: Yeah, I suppose that's true. But was it worth it?
Noah Wolfson: Of course it was.
Adina Glazer: I'm not so sure.

Adina Glazer: I never figured I could do something like that, any of it. I put one foot in front of the other, I walked into the darkness. One step further once again. Now it is so, so dark that I have the feeling I've gone blind.

We are guilty
We have betrayed
We have stolen
We have slandered
Ai-ai...
We have sinned
We have caused others to sin
We have acted with malicious intent
We have been violent
We have deceived


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий