7 авг. 2023 г.

Stories We Tell Ourselves

The Walking Dead: Dead City 1×5


Tommaso: Hey, your heart starts pounding, feels like there's a jackhammer going off in your head... can't keep your eyes open or you feel like you're gonna puke, that's the methane kicking in. That's when we start running. Just be cautious.

Negan: What do you think? Some avant-garde artist from before?
Pearlie: Or someone who lost their mind from after.

Negan: Goddamn it. Believe it or not, I don't like leaving people behind to die. Even huge assholes.

Tommaso: Like you said. Gotta do whatever it takes to make it safe.

The Croat: Negan is on the island. I saw him with my own eyes.
The Dama: Then where is he? Let me see if I understand. The show started out with a bang. Kept me up all night, actually. But then there was a plot twist. You thought you had your hero, but he got away. What good is a hero offstage? So naturally the ending fizzled, and let's face it, everyone knows the ending is all that matters.

The Croat: They're here. ... A marshal, but he comes from the mainland. It's just as you said. There will be those who try to bring it all back, the old laws and prisons, to protect and serve, but really like before, just to punish and steal and feed their fat bellies. Now they've come for what we've built. What's ours.

Pearlie: He was left to die all alone, in the worst possible place on the planet. Is that what he deserved? Is it really so black and white? You'd asked me back then, I would've said yes. But now? I don't know. Is it gray? Is it something else? Tranquilitas Ordinis. What if it's just stories we tell ourselves to sleep easier?


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий