9 авг. 2023 г.

Only the Brave (2017)

Eric Marsh: I don't mean any disrespect to you California boys, but I was... Just been watching this line for a few days now. The fire's gonna shift, probably jump over to that neighborhood right over there.
California Hot Shot Supervisor: Okay, let me stop you right there, okay? Marsh, is it?
Eric Marsh: Yeah, it's Marsh.
California Hot Shot Supervisor: Yeah, well... You guys are Type 2, and we are hotshots. So, why don't you do what deucers do best, which is stay in the back and mop up our shit? Ladies...

Eric Marsh: I'm sorry. It's just some shit happened out on the line.
Amanda Marsh: Yeah. Shit always happens on the line. You want to talk about it? Or you want to do your John Wayne thing?
Eric Marsh: There's nothing to talk about. Same problem. It's just getting worse.

Marvel Steinbrink: You okay?
Amanda Marsh: Yes, thank you.
Marvel Steinbrink: It's not easy sharing your man with a fire. I know.
Amanda Marsh: I'm just being a baby. You know, I don't even know why, when I went into this with my eyes wide open.
Marvel Steinbrink: Doesn't mean you can see everything that's coming.

Eric Marsh: All you rookies that are just coming on as slot contenders, I want you all to breathe in this beautiful vista... Breathe it in deeply... 'Cause after you all get baptized, you're never gonna be able to look out into the wilds and see that pure beauty again. Once you get a real hard taste of the bitch at work, there's only one thing you're gonna be able to see... and that's fuel. So, think about that. Meditate on it. Then decide if this job is for you.

Duane Steinbrink: I know you boys had a rough go of it out there, but if you're looking for sympathy, the only place you're gonna find it is in the dictionary, somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis."

Eric Marsh: Esse quam videri. "To be, rather than to seem."

Eric Marsh: I don't know what to do.
Duane Steinbrink: Yeah, well, you got to ask yourself, "What can I live with and what can I die without?" You know what I mean?
Eric Marsh: No, I don't.
Duane Steinbrink: Yeah...

Eric Marsh: I'm yours. I'm yours, Manda-bear.

Eric Marsh: Listen... I'm sorry about last night. Now, I don't know how to explain, but sometimes we... We don't see things as they are. You know, we see them as we are. ... What happened wasn't about you. It was about me.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий