12 авг. 2023 г.

Late Editions

The Wire 5×9


Det. Lester Freamon: McNulty. It's on.

Det. Lester Freamon: Drink with me, Jimmy. This is what you wanted, man.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Then why do I feel like shit?
Det. Lester Freamon: Postpartum depression, son. It's the journey, not the destination...

Det. Lester Freamon: Daniels wanted me up there at that press conference. Up there with all the rest of those preening motherfuckers, congratulating themselves on a job well done. Part of the problem, all of them.

Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Seriously, it was a wiretap, right?
Sgt. Ellis Carver: Seriously, I couldn't fuckin' tell you if I knew, Herc.
Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: What're you saying? My phone number wasn't shit?
Sgt. Ellis Carver: What do you want me to fuckin' say, Herc? You're the tits. Without your little contribution, the whole fucking city slips into the Chesapeake Bay. Better?

City Editor Augustus 'Gus' Haynes: Let me ask you this. Could Terry have exaggerated?
Ex-Marine: Mm-mm.
City Editor Augustus 'Gus' Haynes: Why not? If he got wound up, say.
Ex-Marine: Uh-uh. You lie about combat because you weren't there. And Terry was. Two tours. He's got stories if he wants 'em. Just not on that day. He ain't lie, y'all did, sorry t'say.

Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: Ain't no shame in holdin' on to grief. As long as you make room for other things, too.

Michael Lee: How you all even know if Walter behind everybody gettin' jacked? I mean, ain't y'all ever wonder if he even deserve any of this shit?
Felicia 'Snoop' Pearson: Deserve got nuthin' to do with it. It's his time, that's all.

Michael Lee: Come on, now. A man don't be sheddin' no tears.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий