13 дек. 2022 г.

Donnie Brasco (1997)


Lefty: When I introduce you... I'm gonna say, "This is a friend of mine." That means you're a connected guy. If I said instead, "This is a friend of ours," that would mean you're a made guy. "Friend of mine." "Friend of ours."
Donnie: What do I call you?
Lefty: Keep your mouth shut about me.

Lefty: What are you doing? Wise guy don't carry his money in a wallet. Wise guy carries money in a roll. Like this. Beaner on the outside. Like that.

Lefty: That mustache-- You gotta get rid of that mustache. That's against the rules. And get a pair of pants. This ain't a fucking rodeo. Dress like I dress.

Lefty: This is my family. More, even, than my own family.
Donnie: Is that right? I don't got a family.
Lefty: You don't?
Donnie: I'm an orphan. I grew up in an orphanage.
Lefty: Ain't the question. Even if you had a family. If this is your family, then this is your family. You know what I'm saying?

Lefty: This is Donnie, a friend of mine.

Lefty: I went on the record with you. You know what that means?
Donnie: I think I do.
Lefty: You ain't got no fucking idea. Nobody can touch you now. I'm your man. Jesus Christ couldn't touch you, because I represent you. So keep your nose clean... be a good earner, follow the rules... and, who knows, maybe one day when they open the books... you get straightened out. Become a wise guy, a made guy.

Donnie: You just got done saying you and Sonny Black are friends--
Lefty: Donnie, I got sent for. In our thing, you get sent for, you go in alive, you come out dead... and it's your best friend that does it.

Donnie: Call me Donnie. I don't want to get confused.

Lefty: You think you can trust Sonny Black. You can't trust Sonny Black. Sonny Black is one big, fat, fucking... snake in the--
Donnie: Snake in the grass.
Lefty: You can't say that now. Sonny Black is a skipper. You don't open your mouth about him.

FBI Technician: Can I ask you something? What's "Forget about it"? What is that?
Donnie: "Forget about it" is like... if you agree with someone. Like, "Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass." "Forget about it." But then, if you disagree, like, "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac"? But then if something is the greatest thing in the world, like... "Those peppers! Forget about it!" You know? It's also like saying, "Go to hell." Like, "Paulie, you got a one-inch pecker." And Paulie says, "Forget about it." Sometimes it just means forget about it.

Sonny: That Trafficante is something else.
Donnie: Is that right? Is he a good old guy?
Sonny: Forget about it. That motherfucker had this all to himselffor 50 years... and it's still a cow town. This could be like Vegas down here.

Donnie: I don't want to step on nobody's toes. If it wasn't for Lefty--
Sonny: That's it. Look. You belong to me now. That's it.

Sonny: Santo, this is Donnie. He's a friend of ours.

Donnie: Nicky didn't have anything to do with it.
Lefty: You don't mention his name. That's the rules.
Donnie: Fuck the rules.
Lefty: That's the rules, Donnie.
Donnie: Say his name. Come on. Come on. Nicky. Say "Nicky." You can't say his name because you know I'm right. Say it! Say his name!
Lefty: Nicky was a rat because Sonny Black says he was a rat. Who the fuck am I? Who am I? I'm a spoke on a wheel. And so was he and so are you.

Maggie: You're becoming like them. ... Why do you hate me when I love you so much?
Donnie: You think I hate you? I don't hate you. This job is eating me alive. I can't breathe anymore. If I come out, this guy Lefty dies. They'll kill him because he vouched for me, because he stood up for me. I live with that every day. That's the same thing as if I put the bullet in his head myself. I spent all these years trying to be the good guy in the white hat. For what? For nothing. I'm not becoming like them. I am them.

Lefty: If Donnie calls... tell him... if it was gonna be anyone, I'm glad it was him. All right?

FBI Director: To FBI-agent Joseph D. Pistone, in grateful recognition of meritorial service, allow me to present this medal and this check for 500 dollars. Congratulations again, son.


++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий