18 дек. 2022 г.

Good Luck to You, Leo Grande (2022)

Leo: Hey, Nancy?
Nancy: Yes?
Leo: We're gonna have a great time.

Leo: For you.
Nancy: Thanks very much.
Leo: To being empirically sexy.
Nancy: Yes. I'll drink to that.

Leo: Shall we just sit and chat for a bit?
Nancy: Oh no, I don't want to do that. I don't think we'd have very much in common.
Leo: You might be surprised.
Nancy: I am very rarely surprised. I like to plan things properly, specifically in order to avoid being surprised, if I'm honest.
Leo: Fine, but I hope I can surprise you anyway.
Nancy: N... No, I don't want anything like that.
Leo: Anything like what?
Nancy: You know, anything perverted.

Nancy: But what if you don't fancy the person? I mean, you can't force yourself, surely, if you don't.
Leo: There's always something to fancy.
Nancy: No, there isn't.
Leo: There is.

Nancy: Not all mothers are good.
Leo: Well, I wouldn't know. I've only had one.
Nancy: Yeah, we're all stuck with whatever we get, aren't we? Parents and children alike.

Nancy: So, I've made a list of things that I'd like to get through.
Leo: Oh, that sounds sexy.
Nancy: Don't mock me. I'm a teacher. Old habits die hard.

Nancy: I have always quite liked my calves. They're not completely awful. I can hear my mother... "Vanity is a weakness, dear."
Leo: It's not vain to enjoy your body. To love it. But I know that voice in your head, the one that talks shit at you. I have one too.

Nancy: I want to play at something else. I want to play at feeling young again. I want that feeling back. That feeling of... having it all before me.
Leo: You want to be 16 again?
Nancy: No, I don't want to be 16 again! Being 16's bloody awful. I want the feeling of being 16 again. That power... God, I didn't know I had it.

Nancy: You are very good at this whole business, you know. I hope you know. People should tell you.
Leo: Thank you. That's nice to hear.
Nancy: It's a sort of mysterious gift you have.
Leo: It's not so mysterious. I just make the effort. And I like you, so it's easy.
Nancy: See, see? You always know the right thing to say when to make the move and all that.
Leo: You learn to read people.
Nancy: I'm not sure I ever have.
Leo: You have to want to first.
Nancy: Yeah, I probably don't want to enough to put in the work.
Leo: I just pay attention.

Nancy: Leo, my name, my real name is Susan Robinson. Such a boring name, isn't it?
Leo: Mrs Robinson. Hmm. That's cute.

Nancy: I've never done anything interesting or remarkable in my life. Um, this is it. I always obeyed all the rules fell in line. I never drank too much, never overshadowed my husband at parties. I was always the designated driver. Ate my five a day. Even before they were called "five a day." And I always, always answer my phone when it rings.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий