17 июн. 2022 г.

Ethan... Esther... Chaim

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 4×7


Gitta: Good morning, sir. Are you enjoying your day?
Abe: Very much. Thank you.
Gitta: And there's more days you'd like to enjoy?
Abe: I beg your pardon?
Gitta: I insist on feeding my family. So when my livelihood is threatened, I threaten back.
Abe: That's understandable.
Gitta: There's a line in the Torah: "fuck with me and you die." Have a think on this.

Molly: Oh, do you have a moment? I'd like to discuss matchmaking.
Abe: Oh. Sure. It's got quite the lively history. The first matches date back to 14th century China. They dipped pine sticks in sulfur...
Molly: I meant the kind your bony wife is engaged in.
Abe: My...
Molly: You're Abe Weissman, aren't you? Husband of Rose, father to Miriam, grandfather to Ethan, Esther and Chaim...

Abe: Oh, you know, I have nothing to do with what my wife does.
Molly: But you have influence. You're the man, aren't you?
Abe: I suppose.
Molly: Unless we take your manhood from you.

Rose: Your coat is ripped. Did they hurt you?
Abe: No. But I was afraid they would follow me from the store, so I did everything I could to shake them. I serpentined my way through streets, ran into random shops, dove between cars.
Rose: Oh, my God!
Abe: Then I...
Rose: Abe?
Abe: I...
Rose: You what?
Abe: I ducked into a Catholic church, thinking sanctuary, at least from the Irish one. I thought it would be empty, but they were in the middle of mass. The only sound in the room was this windy pipe organ. There was a long line of people headed up the aisle, so I joined it. I had no idea what it was for. I just moved along with it. Blend in... that was the strategy. When I got to the front, everyone was kneeling. So I knelt, too. That's when I saw him. He was holding this silver cup. And in order not to look suspicious...
Rose: Abe, you didn't.
Abe: I took communion.
Rose: Oh, my God!
Abe: I think the priest was suspicious. Especially when he said, "The body of Christ" and I answered, "Mazel tov."
Rose: My head is spinning.
Abe: So, there I was, with a mouthful of Christ, wondering what the hell to do. I left immediately and took it out. And now... what do I do with it?
Rose: Wrap it up in something. Set it aside. We've got bigger worries.

Midge: You dress yourself completely on the top, then do the bottom?
Susie: Yes.
Midge: And not, like, start with underwear on top and bottom and then move on to outerwear?
Susie: No.

Midge: This again?
Rose: Yes, this again. What you do affects me. And your father, everyone around you. We're connected, Miriam. Now tell me what I said in there!
Abe: First of all, it's more than every couple of months!

Midge: So, lunch tomorrow, Dinah told me 1:30, but is that what time lunch is, or is that an hour before the actual lunch because she figures I'll be an hour late?
Susie: Well, if she thinks you'll be an hour late, that means we're meeting at 2:30. And she told me 12:45. And she knows I won't be more than 15 minutes late 'cause I'm coming from the Upper East Side, so that doesn't make sense.
Midge: And I know she schedules these things around my being late, so I'm already adjusting to that, so is she adjusting to my adjustment?

Midge: And I'll have a little something for you, too. Susie: A little something? What little something?
Midge: Besides a cupcake that Ethel Kennedy touched, which makes it special, I'm bringing your cut of the gig.
Susie: What gig?
Midge: A gig. I picked up a gig.
Susie: I didn't get you a gig.
Midge: Well, it was just a money gig I did. It falls into the money category. I'm all dolled up.
Susie: Okay, I have to go, but tomorrow I'll be very interested in hearing about what this gig was that you did that I didn't book for you.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий