3 июн. 2022 г.

Us

This Is Us 6×18


Rebecca: ...him pushing me in that swing was just my favorite thing in the entire world, you know? And we swing. It was such a treat for me, going there with him. But I would just... I'd spend the entire time worrying about when... he would stop pushing me, when he'd say that it was time to go home. Really wish that I had spent more time appreciating it when it was all happening, instead of just... worrying about when it would end.

Rebecca: What should we do?
Jack: Nothing.
Rebecca: Nothing...
Jack: Mm-hmm.
Rebecca: Oh, nothing sounds so nice.

Nicky: You know... before you came banging on the door of that trailer of mine, I had it pretty good, you know? I didn't care about anything. You know, the good thing... about not caring about anything is that you don't care when it's gone. Yeah. You really effed up my life, kid.

Jack: When you're young, you're always trying to be older. Then, when you get old, you're always trying to go back, be back. Try and appreciate the moments, you know? ... I mean, that's what we're doing, just... collecting these little moments. We don't recognize them when we're in 'em because... well, we're too busy looking forward. But then we spend the rest of our lives looking back. Trying to... trying to remember them. Trying to be back inside 'em... Hmm, it's strange, the things you remember.

Randall: It all just feels so... pointless. I spent my entire childhood worrying about losing her. I spent the past decade abjectly terrified of it. And now she's gone. And yet... the birds chirp on. I notice that I'm hungry. Five minutes ago, I thought about work. Tomorrow I'll shower. It just all feels so pointless. That too depressing?

William: Such a strange relationship: grandparent. Not as complicated as parent, not as fraught. But it's just... unconditional. Easy, pure love... What an unusual thing. To love someone so unconditionally when you know time probably won't allow you to be a big part of their story.

Rebecca: Jack, when the world puts something this obvious in front of you, you don't just walk away from it. You could be... missing out on something very important.

Rebecca: I'm scared.
Jack: I know. But don't be.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий