28 июн. 2022 г.

Echoes

Outlander 6×1


Jamie Fraser: We'll have no more of this senseless fighting. Catholics versus Protestants. We may not be stone masons, but we are, all of us, Scots. From now on, this prison will be a lodge, and we will be Freemasons, united by our belief in the Great Architect of the Universe. But any talk of politics or religion is forbidden. Who will join me?

Jamie Fraser: Well, that doesn't sound very good to me, Sassenach.
Claire Fraser: No? It's bloody marvelous.
Jamie Fraser: It would be a shame not to feel anything. ....
Claire Fraser: Shame we can't put everyone to sleep for 100 years but the two of us. And stop time. Wouldn't that be lovely?
Jamie Fraser: Mm.

Claire Fraser: You've been like my shadow ever since... Are you going to accompany me on every home visit from now to kingdom come?
Jamie Fraser: And long after that, Sassenach.

Roger Mackenzie: I'm something of a schoolmaster myself. Or was... once upon a time.

Brianna Mackenzie: Opening a bar?
Claire Fraser: Ha. I am distilling Ether for anesthetic.
Brianna Mackenzie: Hmm, pretty radical.
Claire Fraser: I prefer the term "revolutionary."
Brianna Mackenzie: Well, a lot of folk'll be using that term soon enough. Revolution of hearts and minds.

Jamie Fraser: Has anyone here built a cabin before?... Well, then, Mr. Christie, mebbe I should explain how we do things here.

Jamie Fraser: My land... my means.

Claire Fraser: I've never been afraid of ghosts. I live with them daily. When I look into a mirror, my mother's eyes look back at me. My mouth curls with the smile that lured my great-grandfather to the fate that was me...

Claire Fraser: All the time, ghosts flit past and through us, hiding in the future. Each ghost comes unbidden from the misty grounds of dreams and silence. Our rational minds say, "No, it isn't." But another part, an older part, echoes always softly in the dark, "Yes, but it could be." By blood and by choice, we make our ghosts. We haunt ourselves.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий