15 авг. 2020 г.

The Big Sick (2017)

Emily: So, don't call me again.
Kumail: I won't. I promise.
Emily: Good luck on all your future endeavors.
Kumail: Oh, yeah, thank you... Hey, can we have an awkward hug before we part forever?

Kumail: What's the whole thing with Muslims growing beards, anyway? It's such an arbitrary thing, right? Like, who decided that, "Oh, we have to have beards."
Naveed: So, there's a billion of us, and you're the only one with the truth. Is that right?

Emily: I don't want to put pressure on you. And I know it's only been a few months, but I just wanted to tell you, I... am... overwhelmed by you. It's the last thing I was expecting.
Kumail: This is also the last thing I was expecting. And I also feel completely overwhelmed by you.
Emily: That's a weird thing to say.
Kumail: Why? I just said what you said, exactly what you said.
Emily: Yeah, it wasn't weird when I said it.

Emily: Red flag after red flag. You're such a liar. You lied to me. You lied to your parents. And those are just the people you like. Is there someone that you're not lying to? I'd love to meet them because then I could tell them what a fucking liar you are!

Kumail: Oh, you think you could understand me? I'm fighting a 1,400-year-old culture. You were ugly in high school. There's a big fucking difference.

Beth: Here, look at the comments.
Terry: This is why I don't want to go online 'cause it's never good. You go online, they hated Forrest Gump. Frickin' best movie ever.


Terry: Wait, you think you're smarter than me. You say big sentences. Okay, well, you're not. You're not.
Beth: I don't think I'm smarter than you. You just don't think you're as smart as I am. That's not my fault.

Terry: Being a parent, it's... It's a nightmare. Loving somebody this much sucks.

Terry: Let me give you some advice, Kumail... You're gonna know the woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with when you cheat on her. When you cheat on her and you just feel like shit.
Kumail: So... to fully know I love someone... I have to cheat on them?
Terry: Out loud, it sounds stupid. Eh, it's... Yeah, that's terrible advice.

Terry: Love... Love isn't easy. That's why they call it love.
Kumail: I don't really get that either.
Terry: I know. I thought I could just start saying something, and something smart would come out.

Kumail: It's just really hard to do stand-up comedy when your girlfriend is in a coma.

Kumail: I don't know if you can hear me or not, but... it would be really good if you pulled through. If you have to go, you can go, but... It would be really great if you stayed.

Kumail: You look great. How's your blood oxygen level?
Emily: Oh, well within range.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий