11 авг. 2020 г.

Normal People #1.8

Connell: I feel like everything's changed since Schols.
Marianne: What do you mean?
Connell: I don't know. Just... all this. It's real. You know, foreign cities are real. Famous artworks. The remnants of the Berlin Wall. Eating ice cream in little Italian piazzas with you... It's money, though, isn't it? The substance that makes the world real.
Marianne: Yeah.
Connell: Mm. It's so corrupt. And sexy.

Marianne: No, honestly, I... I think it's totally fair if you resent me.
Connell: I don't resent you. Why would I? I just don't... I don't think I'm... processing the change all that well.
Marianne: Well... You just need to get it straight in your mind what you think is fair and good in the world. And if you think that people should be able to go to college, and get English degrees, and go to Europe and look at art, then... you shouldn't feel guilty for yourself, because you have every right to.
Connell: Well, that's easy for you to say. You don't feel guilty about anything.

Jamie: No champagne glasses?
Peggy: These are champagne glasses.
Jamie: No, I, uh... I mean the tall ones.
Marianne: You mean flutes. These are coupes. What's the matter?
Jamie: I'm just saying, these aren't for champagne.
Marianne: You're such a philistine.
Jamie: Yeah. You were gonna drink champagne out of gravy boats, and I'm a philistine.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий