9 авг. 2020 г.

Perpetual Adoration

Outlander 5×5


Claire: How many times have I put my hopes, my fears, my secret longings into the hands of a being I can't see, can't hear, can't even feel? And how many times have my prayers been answered?...

Marsali: Ye found it?
Claire: I think what we're supposed to say is "eureka."
Marsali: Uh, what does that mean?
Claire: It means, well, "I've found it."
Marsali: Well, uh, eureka, Claire. Ye found yer penicillin.

Claire: Time is a lot of the things that people say God is. There's the preexisting and having no end. There's the notion of being all-powerful, because nothing can stand against time, not mountains, not armies. Give anything enough time, and everything is taken care of: all pain encompassed, all hardship erased, all loss subsumed. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Remember, Man, thou art dust, and unto dust thou shalt return. And if time is anything akin to God, I suppose that memory must be the devil.

Brianna: You know how to get through to people. It's no wonder they loved you at Oxford.
Roger: Well, you know, I had time to think on my long ride home. There are already universities established here. Harvard, Yale...


Claire: As a child, I used to stare at spiderwebs, watching and waiting for an insect to become caught. While part of me was horrified by watching the death throes, I was mesmerized by the way the tiniest vibrations in the web would signal the spider that her prey was near. I wonder, is time God's eternal web, silk strands stretching through time, the mildest touch setting off vibrations that echo through the eons?

Claire: Is God the spider, embracing us through our death and resurrection, or is he simply the spinner of the web, watching as the silk shimmers and vibrates through the cosmos... Awakening the real spiders, the ones lurking deep within the recesses of our own natures?

Brianna: I-I didn't know if you were coming back, and I was scared, and I was grieving for you. They were just words, words you were never, ever meant to hear.
Roger: Words have consequences.

Claire: It reminded me of someone. Someone I lost.
Arch Bug: No one's lost who's not forgotten.

Roger: So surely, the moral of the story is, honesty is always the best policy.
Claire: Not always. Sometimes the truth really does hurt.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий