25 авг. 2020 г.

Famous Last Words

Outlander 5×8


Roger: I wanted you to really think about why people say what they say and perhaps to consider what your own final words might be, given the chance.
Morgan: What does it matter, sir? This is history, not creative writing.
Roger: Because people live and die by their words. They shape our thoughts and deeds. Often, they define us. Like bullets, once fired, well, we can't take 'em back. They have impact, so choose them wisely. Make them meaningful. Live a life worthy of them... especially your last words. They outlive us.
Jones: And what will yours be, sir?
Roger: It is my dying wish, O Lord... that my students write structured arguments... Supported by evidence and legible handwriting, amen.
Jones: No, really, sir.
Roger: I'd say... I'd say let history forget my name... So long as my words and my deeds are remembered by those I love.

Brianna: You really should try to speak, Roger. It'll sound croaky at first, but it's perfectly normal. Maybe just try to whisper.... All right, well... just know that I'll be teaching Jem to say "sweater" and "aluminum." It's not gonna be "jumper" or "aluminium."

Jocasta: How careful we'd be if we kent which good-byes were our last.

Jamie: Been a difficult few months. Is there a medicine for grief in your time? Some of yer wee invisible beasties to gnaw away at it?
Claire: Unfortunately not. I don't think there'll ever be a cure for that. Except maybe time. Well, they say time heals all wounds.

Roger: Everybody wants the old Roger back. But I'll never be that man again. I studied history. I taught it. Now I'm living it.

Roger: I have changed. Remember when you asked me about my last words?.. I thought I knew what they'd be. What mattered was the last face I saw. That face was yours.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий