15 сент. 2011 г.

Sherlock 1x2

The Blind Banker


& DI Dimmock: We’re obviously looking at a suicide. It does seem the only explanation of all the facts.
    Holmes: Wrong, it’s one possible explanation of some of the facts. You’ve got a solution that you like, but you are choosing to ignore anything you see that doesn’t comply with it.
    DI Dimmock: Like?
    Holmes: Wound’s on the right side of his head.
    DI Dimmock: And?
    Holmes: Van Coon was left-handed. Requires quite a bit of contortion.
    DI Dimmock: Left-handed?
    Holmes: I’m amazed you didn’t notice. All you have to do is look around this flat. Coffee table on the left-hand side, coffee mug handle pointing to the left. Power sockets, habitually used the ones on the left. Pen and paper on the left of the phone. Picked up with his right, took messages with his left. D’you want me to go on?
    Watson: No, I think you’ve covered it.
    Holmes: I might as well, I’m almost at the bottom of the list. There’s a knife on the breadboard with butter on the right side of the blade because he used it with his left. It’s highly unlikely that a left-handed man would shoot himself in the right of his head. Conclusion, someone broke in here and murdered him. Only explanation of all of the facts.

& DI Dimmock: If his door was locked from the inside, how did the killer get in?
    Holmes: Good, you’re finally asking the right questions.

& Holmes: I said, could you pass me a pen?
    Watson: What? When?
    Holmes: About an hour ago.
    Watson: Didn’t notice I’d gone out then? I went to see about a job at that surgery.
    Holmes: How was it?
    Watson: Great. She’s great.
    Holmes: Who?
    Watson: The job.
    Holmes: She?
    Watson: It.

& Holmes: The world’s run on codes and ciphers, John. From the million-pound security system at the bank to the PIN machine you took exception to. Cryptography inhabits our every waking moment. But it’s all computer generated. Electronic codes, electronic ciphering methods. This is different. It’s an ancient device. Modern code-breaking methods won’t unravel it.

& DI Dimmock: Your friend...
    Watson: Listen, whatever you say, I’m behind you one hundred per cent.
    DI Dimmock: He’s an arrogant sod*.
    Watson: Well, that was mild*. People say a lot worse than that.

& Holmes: John, concentrate. I need you to concentrate. Close your eyes.
    Watson: What? Why? Why? What are you doing?
    Holmes: I need you to maximise your visual memory. Try to picture what you saw. Can you picture it?
    Watson: Yeah.
    Holmes: Can you remember it?
    Watson: Yes, definitely.
    Holmes: Can you remember the pattern?
    Watson: Yes.
    Holmes: How much can you remember it?
    Watson: Look, don’t worry...
    Holmes: Because the average human memory on visual matters is only 62% accurate.
    Watson: Well, don’t worry, I remember all of it.
    Holmes: Really?
    Watson: At least I would, if I could get to my pockets. I took a photograph.


& Holmes: Fancy a biscuit with that?

& Holmes: Careful! Some of those skulls are over 200,000 years old. Have a bit of respect. ... Thank you.

& Holmes: What are you thinking? Pork or pasta? ... I’d stick with the pasta. Don’t want to be doing roast pork, not if you’re slicing up cadavers.
    — What are you having?
    Holmes: I don’t eat when I’m working. Digesting* slows me down.

& Sarah: So... what were you doing to keep you up so late?
    Watson: I was attending a sort of book event.
    Sarah: Oh. Oh, she likes books, does she, your girlfriend?

& Holmes: I need to get some air. We’re going out tonight.
    Watson: Actually, I’ve got a date.
    Holmes: What?
    Watson: Where two people who like each other go out and have fun?
    Holmes: That’s what I was suggesting.
    Watson: No, it wasn’t. At least, I hope not.

& Holmes: Where are you taking her?
    Watson: Er, cinema.
    Holmes: Dull, boring, predictable...

& Sarah: Is it just me or is anyone else starving?
    Holmes: Oh, God.

& Sarah: So this is what you do. You and John, you solve puzzles for a living.
    Holmes: Consulting detective.

& Holmes: How would you describe me, John? Resourceful? Dynamic? Enigmatic?
    Watson: Late?..

& Watson: Don’t worry. Next date won’t be like this.

& Holmes: I have high hopes for you, Inspector. A glittering career.
    DI Dimmock: I go where you point me.
    Holmes: Exactly!


sod — парень; поганец; гад
mild — мягкий; умеренный; слабый
Digesting — переваривание

+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий