25 февр. 2010 г.

A Serious Man

Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.


* Woman at a Picnic: Sometimes these things just aren't meant to be. And it can take a while before you feel what was always there. For better or worse.
   Larry Gopnik: I never felt it! It was a bolt from the blue. What does that mean? Everything that I thought was one way turns out to be another.
   Woman: Then, it's an opportunity to learn how things really are. I don't mean to sound glib. It's not always easy, deciphering what God is trying to tell you, but it's not something you have to figure out all by yourself.
   We've got that well of tradition to draw on, to help us understand. When we're puzzled, we have all the stories that have been handed down from people who had the same problems. Have you talked to Rabbi Nachtner?


* Rabbi Scott: But... This is life. You have to see these things as expressions of God's will. You don't have to like it, of course.
   Larry: The boss isn't always right, but he's always the boss.
   Rabbi Scott: That's right! Things aren't so bad. Look at the parking lot, Larry. Just look at that parking lot.


* Divorce Lawyer: I always thought you and Judy were rock solid. This is so terrible, Larry. This is
devastating.
   Larry: Well, you know, the way I look at it, it's an opportunity for me to really sit down and figure things out and look at the world afresh instead of just, you know, settling for the routine, tired old way of looking at things.
   Lawyer: Really?
   Larry: I don't know, maybe not.



* Larry: I don't want it to just go away! I want an answer!
   Rabbi Nachtner: Sure we all want the answer. Hashem doesn't owe us the answer, Larry. Hashem doesn't owe us anything. The obligation runs the other way.
   Larry: Why does he make us feel the questions if he's not going to give us any answers?
   Rabbi Nachtner: He hasn't told me.
   Larry: And what happened to the goy?
   Rabbi Nachtner: The goy? Who cares?



* Larry: Please. I need help. I've already talked to the other rabbis. Please. It's not about Danny's bar mitzvah. My boy, Danny. This coming Shabbas. Very joyous event. That's all fine. It's, it's more about myself, I've... I've had quite a bit of tsuris lately. Marital problems, professional, you name it. This is not a frivolous request. This is a... I'm a... I've tried to be a serious man, you know? Tried to do right, be a member of the community, raise the... Danny, Sarah, they both go to school, Hebrew school. A good breakfast... Well, Danny goes to Hebrew school, Sarah doesn't have time. She mostly washes her hair. Apparently there are several steps involved, but you don't have to tell Marshak that, just tell him I need help. Please. I need help.
   Marshak's Secretary: {...} The rabbi is busy.
   Larry: He didn't look busy!
   Secretary: He's thinking.


* Larry: The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term.


--- Словарик:
glib — речистый, говорливый, словоохотливый; благовидный, правдоподобный
decipher — расшифровка, дешифровка



7.5/10 на Imdb (> 18.000 голосов по состоянию на 25/2/10).

~ Ну так. Специфично. Специфиш.
! Начало — просто супер.
! А еще люди говорят, что перед просмотром хорошо бы хотя бы кратко ознакомиться с: котом Шрёдингера, дуализмом и ... квантовой физикой. И, видимо, они правы.
! С удивлением узнал, что название альбома Santana-ы Abraxas -- это гностическое название Б-га. Отказываясь от альбома Abraxas, Ларри отказывается от Б-га. О-о.
? Сколько еще смысловых уровней я упустил?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий