23 окт. 2022 г.

Grief Counseling

The Office 3×4


Michael Scott: I am like Bette Midler in For The Boys. Gotta keep the troops entertained.
Pam Beesly: With cream and sugar?

Michael Scott: Attention, everybody! I just received a call from corporate with some news that they felt that I should know first. My old boss, Ed Truck, has died.
Phyllis Lapin: Oh, Michael, that's such terrible news. You must feel so sad.
Michael Scott: Yes, I am. It's very sad, because he was my boss.

Michael Scott: I don't understand. We have a day honoring Martin Luther King, but he didn't even work here.

Michael Scott: There is something wrong with everybody in here because we have lost a member of our family and you don't want to talk about it. You don't want to think about it, you just want to get back to work.

Michael Scott: There are five stages to grief, which are 'denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.' And right now, out there, they are all denying the fact that they're sad, and that's hard, and it's making them all angry. And it is my job to try to get them all the way through to acceptance and, if not acceptance, then just depression. If I can get them depressed, then I'll have done my job.

Michael Scott: Let me just start. Let me show you how this works... I catch the ball... I lost Ed Truck and it feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And, at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone. And I'm crying, and nobody can hear me because I am terribly, terribly, terribly alone.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий