18 мая 2010 г.

My Name Is Earl 2x21

G.E.D.*

Season 2, Episode 21

& Bank clerk: Occupation?
    Earl: Uh, I have a list of bad things I've done to people and I go around and find them and make up for what I did. It's based on karma.
    Bank clerk: Highest level of education? High school graduate, some college, college graduate?
    Earl: Is there a box for some high school? Or street smarts?
    Randy: You got any questions on there like, "What's the last movie you saw?" 'cause I can answer that. Jack Frost. It was on TV. Not great.


& Catalina: If you screwed yourself out of being an adult, why don't you just put yourself on the list?
    Randy: I like it when you're on the list. That way we get to skip the long, boring part, where you have to find the person and explain about karma. I hate that part.


& Earl: All right, here we go. I'm putting this down right now. Number 273. "Kept myself from being an adult." And you know something I've seen grownups do? Underneath an important item, they write other items with letters in front. 273-A, finish high school. 273-B, get a real job. 273-C, move out of the motel.
    Darnell: Subsets. You're growing up right before our very eyes.


& Earl: Either way, I skipped math. "Past participle." Okay, okay. A part is... like a part of something... and an iciple... could be like municipal, which I think stands for swimming pool. So, part of a swimming pool in the past.
        I decided to skip English.



& Earl: Does this sound inspirational? "Hazy* dreams produce hazy results." Some guy named Ibbit said that.
    Randy: I don't get it.
    Earl: Me neither. That's why I thought it was smart.


& Earl 2 pupils: All right, that's it. We're going on a field trip. Everybody out to the parking lot. Hop in the back of the El Camino. Today I'm gonna show you all your future.
    Randy: Just don't tell me what day I die on. I don't want to know... Is it a Thursday?


& Summer: It's a little embarrassing, but... I don't want to be a loser. I don't want to lose at rock, paper, scissors to a monkey.
    Earl: Look, he threw rock six times in a row, and just when I caught on to the pattern, scissors... But go on.


& Earl: Look, I've accidentally exploded tons of stuff in my life and nothing's been traced back to me. Now the important thing is, we go about our normal business and act casual. Got it?


& Earl: I may not have gotten to walk across the stage wearing a dress, but I felt like I accomplished something big in my life. I even got to apply my newly learned math skills. Looks like I'm a third of the way to becoming an adult. Or two sixths. Or three ninths. Or D) all of the above.



--Dict:
G.E.D. — General Educational Development
hazy — туманный; смутный


On Imdb.


My Name Is Earl - Season Two

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий