26 мая 2010 г.

Mad Men 1x10

Long Weekend

Season 1, Episode 10

& Roger: We can go anywhere tonight. We can see a Broadway show, then sit at any table at The Colony with our clothes off if we want to.
    Joan: How about a movie? Have you seen The Apartment? I heard Shirley MacLaine is good.
    Roger: Oh, please. A white elevator operator? And a girl at that? I want to work at that place.
    Joan: Oh, I bet you do. The way those men treated that poor girl, handing her around like a tray of canapes. She tried to commit suicide.
    Roger: So you saw it, huh? Ah, Red, that's not how it is. Look, it was crude. That's the way pictures are now. You see that ridiculous Psycho? Hollywood isn't happy unless things are extreme.


& Roger: The day you sign a client is the day you start losing them.
    Don: You don't really believe that.
    Roger: You know what my father used to say? Being with a client is like being in a marriage. Sometimes you get into it for the wrong reasons and eventually, they hit you in the face. Damn it. Are we supposed to cry about this? So we lost an account. That means we'll just have to cut back. Let's go fire somebody.


& Menken-father: This place reminds me of a Czarist Ministry. No matter what the decision, you don't feel it was yours.
    Rachel: Fortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about.


& Roger: Remember, Don, when God closes a door, he opens a dress.


& Roger: Mirabelle... Oh, Mirabelle.
    Don: { бдыжь! } Mona. Your wife's name is Mona.


& Don: How you doing?
    Roger: All these years I thought it would be the ulcer. I did everything they told me. Drank the cream, ate the butter, then I get hit with a coronary. Son of a bitch, it hurts.



On Imdb


. До чего же завораживающее зрелище — наблюдать за отношениями полов (и рас, и классов) всего каких-то 50 лет назад... Marvelous.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий