11 мая 2010 г.

Mad Men 1x09

Shoot

Season 1, Episode 9

& Campbell: I for one don't question the wishes of our clients.
    Don: Clients come and go, Campbell. Sometimes it's best to rid them of unrealistic expectations.
    Campbell: Are you trying to say that we can't win? Nixon's got an 8-point lead in the polls.
    Don: Not much.


& Roger: I saw those clubs going down the hallway. I thought they were for me.
    Don: They're from Jim Hobart.
    Roger: What did he offer?
    Don: Bigger.


& Don: If I leave this place one day, it will not be for more advertising.
    Roger: What else is there?
    Don: I don't know. Life being lived. I'd like to stop talking about it and get back to it.
    Roger: I've worked with a lot of men like you, and if you had to choose a place to die, it would be in the middle of a pitch.
    Don: I've done that. I want to do something else.


& Roger: I thought about leaving once. But you know? It's daunting. Why entertain the prospect of failure?
    Don: That's a sad thought.
    Roger: No. It made me look at this place. I don't want to sound sentimental, but it's not just accounts. Look around here at what you have. You want to start over?
    Don: I haven't made up my mind.
    Roger: I'm taking this very personally.
    Don: Why? It's business.
    Roger: Is it?


& Don: Birdie, you know I don't care about making my dinner or... taking in my shirts. You have a job. You're mother to those two little people, and you are better at it than anyone else in the world. At least in the top 500. I would have given anything to have had a mother like you. Beautiful and kind... filled with love like an angel.


& Draper's neighbor: Mrs. Draper, what the hell are you doing?! Mrs. Draper!!


-- Dict:
daunting — сложный


On Imdb



! Дааааа, Бетти. Женщина, полная сюрпризов. Это лучше увидеть! Кууууул.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий