2 мар. 2009 г.

Чёрный рыцарь

The Dark Knight (2008)

The Joker The Dark Knight* Joker: You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know? I just do things. The Mob has plans. The cops have plans. Gordon's got plans. You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers... how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. {...}
   Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hm? You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like, a gangbanger will get shot or a truckload of soldiers will be blowing up... nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. {...}
   Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

* Wayne: Criminals aren't complicated, Alfred. We just need to figure out what he's after.
   Alfred: With respect, Master Wayne... perhaps this is a man you don't fully understand either. A long time ago, I was in Burma... and my friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anyone who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.
   Wayne: So why steal them?
   Alfred: Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just wanna watch the world burn.



* Joker: Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the little emotions. You see, in their last moments people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did.

* Joker: You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fistfight with you?.. No. You need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey.
   Batman: What did you do?
   Joker: I took Gotham's white knight... I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. See, madness, as you know... is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

coin chance The Dark Knight* Harvey: You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.

* Batman: {...} sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

* — Why's he running, Dad?
   Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
   — He didn't do anything wrong.
   Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him... because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian... a watchful protector. A dark knight.


~ Смотреть, конечно, надо. Но чё-то как-то оно... Уровень английского оказался чересчур высок, что ли :-/

Imdb: 9/10 (~350,000 (!) голосов по состоянию на 1/3/9; #6 в Топ250).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий