11 мар. 2009 г.

Heroes 3x19

Shades of Gray (2009)

Heroes Comics bookstore Claire on job interview* Comics bookstore manager: So, you don't have any retail experience?
   Claire: Um, does a cheerleading bake sale count?
   Manager: Uh, you're a cheerleader? All right, so let me ask you a few questions. Can you work Wednesdays?
   Claire: (shock) Wednesdays?
   Manager: Wednesdays are when all the new comics arrive.
   Claire: Wednesday is good for me.
   Manager: Flight or invisibility?
   Claire: (shock) I'm sorry. What?
   Manager: Do you throw caution to the wind and fly off to save the day, or do you take the more calculated approach and learn the whole picture before you act?
   Claire: (shock) What's the answer?
   Manager: There isn't one. That's why it's the question. ... Put simply - what type of hero are you?
   Claire: (shock) I don't know.
   Manager: Whoa, hey, hey. You're not gonna cry, are you? It-it's okay, really. They're only comic books, I mean...
   Claire: I'm gonna stop bothering you. Uh, thank you for letting me interview, anyway.
   Manager: What are you talking about? You got the job.
   Claire: (shock) I did?
   Manager: Every guy in the store's been staring at you since you walked in. You will absolutely sell comic books, and the other stuff we can work on.


Heroes Sylar with father* Sylar: What's that? What you've become. You used to be a killer. Now look at you. You're pathetic.
   Gabriel's father: Oh. You want a fight. Is that what you were expecting? Son kills his father? Epic battle? Ah, that's a myth.
   Sylar: No, life-
   Father: Life never gives you what you want.



* Claire: I have a question, and I really need you to answer it. How did you lead two lives for all that time? I can't always be myself, and I just don't know who I'm supposed to be.
   Noah: Honestly, Claire, I'm the worst person to ask.
   Claire: So how am I supposed to decide which path to take?
   Noah: Now which answer do you want? Do you want the one that's gonna make you feel better, or do you want the truth?
   Claire: I don't know.
   Noah: Well, then my answer is "neither do I."

* Gabriel's father: You know, there'll come a day, maybe tomorrow or next week, next year, When you realize the hunt... your entire life, was meaningless and disappointing, cause there's no challenge in it. You know, all the power in the world doesn't matter if you've lived an unsatisfied life.

Heroes Sylar* Gabriel's father: A man needs a hobby, somethin' to occupy the hands, to stop the mind from thinkin' so much.
   Sylar: I fix watches. {...} I thought it would make my father happy.
   Father: How'd that work out for you? You're still clinging to that need for connection, huh? The only thing people are good for is disappointment.
   Sylar: Is that why you killed my mother? Why you abandoned me?
   Father: I don't even remember. Didn't matter to me. So few things do.

* Mohinder's voice: Generations unfold, father to son, mother to daughter. Where one leaves off, the other follows, destined to repeat each other's mistakes, each other's triumphs. For how do we see the world if not through their lens? The same fears, the same desires? Do we see them as an example to follow, or as a warning of what to avoid? Choosing to live as they have, simply because it's what we know, or driven to create our own identity? And what happens when we find them to be a disappointment? Can we replace them? Our mothers, our fathers? Or will destiny find a way to drive us back? Back to the familiar comforts of home?

+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий