28 авг. 2022 г.

The Forgiven (2021)

Richard Galloway: Friends. Life is but a sport or a pastime, as the Qur'an tells us. And, because it is a game and nothing more, we forget that the point of life is death.
Dally: So, eat, drink, be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Hamid: An accident, they said.
Richard Galloway: Do you believe them?
Hamid: They are your guests. How am I not to believe them?
Richard Galloway: But do you in fact believe them?
Hamid: I think they're scared. And I'm thinking of a proverb.
Richard Galloway: Go ahead. I like a good proverb.
Hamid: Open your door to a good day and prepare yourself for a bad one.

Jo Henninger: What are you doing?
David Henninger: Stepping on diamonds. It's taboo. I hope the genies get pissed off.
Jo Henninger: God's sake, David.
David Henninger: Oh, I hate all this ethnic pretense and affectation. You can treat people decently without rolling their carpets out everywhere. Bloody kitsch.

Jo Henninger: I guess every artistic career has a few moments of visibility, followed by a long, painful descent into total anonymity.
Tom Day: I'm sure some feckless child of the future will pick up one of your books and rescue you from oblivion.
Jo Henninger: No one's going to be reading books in 50 years, let alone a thousand. And the children of the future will all be empty headed clowns, just like the children of the present.

David Henninger: Well... the world is a dreadful place, my father used to say. And the best you can do is make fun of it.

Richard Galloway: What do you think, Hamid?
Hamid: The tongue has no bones, sir, but it crushes all the same.

Tom Day: This is how you open a bottle of champagne. You hold it firmly by the base... you turn the bottle, not the cork.
Jo Henninger: Red wine should be held by the neck, a woman by the waist and a bottle of champagne by the derriere.
Tom Day: Mark Twain, very good. Of course, those priorities can be rearranged later.
Jo Henninger: Glad to hear it.

Jo Henninger: Guess we were an obvious couple.
Richard Galloway: All couples are rather obvious in the end.
Jo Henninger: Twelve years after all.
Richard Galloway: Twelve years...
Jo Henninger: I guess it doesn't seem that long when you say it fast.

Anouar: What cereal do you eat in the morning?... I prefer cornflakes myself. It is one good thing that you have given us, apart from ice.

Anouar: I like everything that is cool, cold and fresh. You think I like to live in this furnace? You think I like the camels, the palm trees... and the 104 degrees every morning? Huh?... I dream of Sweden most of the time.
David Henninger: Sweden?
Anouar: Yeah. I've seen it in a colour magazine. A fantastic place, by the looks of it. It is the place I would most like to live. Must be so deliciously cold there. But the world does not promise anything to anyone... and no man ever lived the way he wished.

Jo Henninger: We need to talk.
David Henninger: No we don't.
Jo Henninger: Excuse me?!
David Henninger: We don't need to talk. Nobody needs to talk.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий