9 июн. 2020 г.

The Nordic Model

Billions 5×6


Bobby Axelrod: You better have some fucking answers the next time I ask... because silence will not be acceptable then.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Most dangerous thing in the world: government employees who don't hate their jobs enough to take a bribe.

Taylor Mason: We can provide you cash. But looking at you, I sense you need more than that.
Wendy Rhoades: You need... what is it, the thing you're not saying, the thing at the corner of your mind? That would bring you some ease. What will help you, the human being, be your best.
Taylor Mason: How can we be that for you right now?
Dev Satyal: No one's asked that.
Wendy Rhoades: Let us do more than feel your pain...

Chuck Rhoades: You know, I don't mind the pinch, but I don't like looking. Why is that?
Nurse: It represents your life force flowing out.

Rian: Microchip was simple; pasteurization too. Both changed the world. Not always about the degree of technical difficulty, sometimes it's about insight and initiative.

Rhoades, Sr.: Love only makes the weak blind.

Rhoades, Sr.: Of course you don't have my blood flowing in your veins. If you did, you'd be goddamned President by now. Or the fucking Pope.

Rhoades, Sr.: Your arteries must be filled with the same watery gruel as your mother's pinhead brother.
Chuck Rhoades: That's not okay to say about somebody with microcephaly. Or maybe anybody ever.
Rhoades, Sr.: Do you know they... they used to have a rating system for mental infirmity? We're all too polite for it now. But that list told it like it goddamned was. A cretin was without a thought in their head. An idiot had the intellect of a two-year-old child. An average imbecile got up to seven. And a moron could be as clever as a feeble-minded twelve-year-old. You pick your fucking title.
Chuck Rhoades: Good talk, Dad.... I'm sorry you're scared.

Danny Margolis: Is it too late to pay the taxes?
Bobby Axelrod: Oh, come on...
Danny Margolis: I'm just...
Bobby Axelrod: Goodness, what a question... Yes! Even if I were willing. Which I'm not.


Chuck Rhoades: ...you're about to teach me. On prostitution.
Catherine Brant: Sex work. Call it sex work, because that's what it is, work.
Chuck Rhoades: Uh-huh.
Catherine Brant: Prostitution suggests something criminal, immoral... deviant.
Chuck Rhoades: Why the hell isn't it deviant?

Catherine Brant: The Nordic Model is doing great things to decrease stigma, redistribute responsibility. Why should the workers be punished and not the patrons?
Chuck Rhoades: Yes, that's the stuff. Make your best argument... and then help me shred it.

Ari Spyros: Liquid courage, don't fail me now.

Wendy Rhoades: What kind of help are you looking for... emotional, personal...
Taylor Mason: The Axe kind. How would you load Axe up to deal with an existential threat?
Wendy Rhoades: I wouldn't need to. He registers all threats as existential. So I either try to stop him or at least point him away from civilians.

Taylor Mason: How can I approach this like Axe without becoming him?
Wendy Rhoades: Never known anyone to put on the suit without it changing them. But if anyone can, I suppose it's you... Model the will, the aggression... but temper it with your own fundamental advantage.
Taylor Mason: A moral compass?
Wendy Rhoades: The ability to accurately weigh reward vs. jail time. You know what you need now?

Maureen Ryder: I may have misjudged you. Thought you had a limit on how you use your power.
Chuck Rhoades: No. When it comes to the particular agenda I am pursuing, I will do it Rudy Giuliani-style. I will prosecute with a crazy eye and absolutely no sense of boundaries.

Mafee: I am never doing another nice thing.
Ben Kim: I say that every day. But we are who we are.

Rhoades, Sr.: Second worst thing about dialysis, after the bedpans? Turns everyone into agoddamned Hallmark card.

Rhoades, Sr.: One thing I know about the Greeks, the great tragedies rarely featured death scenes. Plain left that shit offstage. They just did not find it interesting. Living... that's the real drama. The real classroom. Plenty of lessons left to teach.
Wendy Rhoades: You're worried about Willow.
Rhoades, Sr.: Good God no. .... But Chuck... if I'm not here to push him, to mold him, who knows all the ways he'll fuck himself up.

Todd Krakow: I'm ready for my close-up.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий