5 июн. 2020 г.

Contract

Billions 5×5


Wendy Rhoades: We have to fire him.
Taylor Mason: "Have to" is a bit strong. We have to breathe. Have to find shelter. Food to eat. We don't have to fire Winston... "Should."
Wendy Rhoades: I can co-sign should. We should fire him.
Taylor Mason: Then we will.

Wendy Rhoades: Tell me he sees the Matrix and we're done here.
Taylor Mason: I can't tell you he sees the Matrix.
Winston: I saw the Matrix before they even made the fucking movie! And I was like five years old then.

Rian: Swick... That's a mashup of swag and slick.

Karl Allerd: Like I said: mushy.
Kate Sacker: Why are you so quiet?
Chuck Rhoades: Because I have an idea that I really shouldn't say out loud.

Bobby Axelrod: You familiar with 'contract,' Savion?
Savion: Yeah. Deal you sign.
Bobby Axelrod: Mm. That's a contract, not 'contract.' Contract is an understanding between men, that they see things the same way, that they'll keep code. That they'll honor the spirit of their relationship even in unforeseen circumstances. Like that, uh... The arrangement we had when we told the story... That should hold even if attempts were made to re-tell that story. Understand?
Savion: Word is bond.
Bobby Axelrod: Yeah. That's a good way to put it.
Savion: It's bullshit though.

Lauren Turner: How much did she ask for, how much did you offer?
Taylor Mason: Fifty. Ten. Like you suggested. Big gap.
Lauren Turner: It's a question of value... And loyalty.

Lauren Turner: I'm gonna ask you a couple of questions.
Taylor Mason: Is this like an online quiz or something?
Lauren Turner: No. And don't try to add 'em up, see what I'm getting at. Just answer one at a time. And then...
Taylor Mason: Ask away.
Lauren Turner: How smart is Wendy Rhoades?
Taylor Mason: General intelligence: top one percent. Person to person, with EQ included, top one half of one percent.
Lauren Turner: How good is Wendy Rhoades at gameplay?
Taylor Mason: In the important games, the ones not played on boards or fields: again, top one half of one percent.
Lauren Turner: Why do we like Wendy Rhoades?
Taylor Mason: Because: We do like her.
Lauren Turner: Is that real?


Nico Tanner: That's the way it goes in the end. Buildings. Relationships. Empires. We're always trying to hold onto what we think matters. We almost always get it wrong.

Chuck Rhoades: Dad, were you in pain and not telling us?
Rhoades, Sr.: You get fucking old... If I reported on every ache and pain, it'd be a daily bulletin.

Taylor Mason: ... I'm giving you 40. I need to be senior, but I need you fully invested and without doubt.
Lauren Turner: And are you? Without doubt?
Taylor Mason: There's uncertainty in almost everything that comes next. The essence of our job is to overcome that and take calculated risks.

Taylor Mason: Welcome back aboard.
Winston: I've been aboard, the whole damn time!
Wendy Rhoades: Be happy and don't be so fucking needy.
Winston: That's what my first girlfriend said. And my last one.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': While all the candidates were deeply flawed, I finally know the right one... Moi.
Bobby Axelrod: You're going full Dick Cheney? Wags, no one loves you more than me, but the rules say I need someone with prior banking experience...

Bobby Axelrod: Who got to you?... Someone's won you over somehow, got you to see the world the way they see it. Instead of the way it really is. Am I right?

Bobby Axelrod: Take a look around this place... Go on. Let your eyes drink it all in... All the people, your friends, the rest. And then forget about every single last one of 'em and move the fuck on.
Savion: ... Done.

Rian: Luck? There's probability, plausibility and actuality. Luck is superstition. Luck is lazy math.

Wendy Rhoades: You cleared it out pretty nicely. You gonna burn it to the ground?
Bobby Axelrod: I'd like to.
Wendy Rhoades: And the whole town with it, huh?
Bobby Axelrod: I can't give in to that kind of thinking. But...

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий