1 июн. 2020 г.

Opportunity Zone

Billions 5×4


Chuck Rhoades: Unbelievable... The man knows no bounds.
Rhoades, Sr.: Who's got hold of your nectarines?
Chuck Rhoades: Grapefruits. Please. And it's a man who's spreading his wings from the cozy confines of Wall Street to the mean streets of Yonkers. Opportunity Zone is up for grabs there.

Bobby Axelrod: Alright, well, let me get ahead of it by apologizing, so I can start my day. I'm sorry, Taylor... that you're in snowflake mode...

Chuck Rhoades: Good day. I'm Chuck Rhoades. And as my Criminal Law professor said on day one: I will do you the courtesy of treating you like professionals. Do me the same. Now...

Chuck Rhoades: This isn't college. You will address a judge one day. And you will not be sitting on your keister when you do.

Chuck Rhoades: I assigned Bordenkircher by email. Tell me the facts and the law.
Student 1: I-I pass.
Chuck Rhoades: As my Crim prof told me the one time I wasn't prepared: There is no pass. Only fail.
Student 1: Since this was the first class, I thought it would be, like, introductory...
Chuck Rhoades: No, no. You have one chance.

Student 2: Professor Rhoades.
Chuck Rhoades: Yes?
Student 2: This isn't how it's done now. We're here to learn together. Not to be shamed.
Chuck Rhoades: Oh, I hardly think I shamed...
Student 3: We don't learn best under this kind of pressure. That's been proven now...
Catherine Brant: Holy shit, guys. And yeah, guys. I'm calling all of you guys, men, women, enbies. And I have tenure. So suck it if you don't like it.

Wendy Rhoades: Do I need to stare at you again?

Wendy Rhoades: It's like Oscar Wilde said: "When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money."
Nico Tanner: The money shouldn't change anything.
Wendy Rhoades: But it does.
Nico Tanner: It's got me all up in my head.
Wendy Rhoades: That's because you're thinking of it as the measure of your artistic value, and that's never been what's motivated you before.

Wendy Rhoades: Close your eyes.
Nico Tanner: Really?
Wendy Rhoades: Now, visualize yourself on the other side, successful, satisfied, confident. See the work... your best. See that it all turned out okay. That you didn't fuck up your muse. See the effort it took to get you there. Now go create the fucking painting.
Nico Tanner: Does that work for your aggro trader bros? Really? 'Cause it kind of sounds like bullshit to me.
Wendy Rhoades: Well, your excuses kind of sound like bullshit to me, pal... See you on the other side.


Mike Wagner 'Wags': Then why are you here?... Please, unburden yourself. What are you really after? What do you have up the sleeve of your vestments?
George Wagner: I'm here to save you... your soul. Let me baptize you... from what can I see around here, saving you's only gonna be the beginning.

Bobby Axelrod: You go for a midday swim?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Yeah, in the river Jordan. I've lost another... one to the pole and one to Jesus.
Bobby Axelrod: Which feels worse?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Feels about the same... I've fucked it all up. I don't know how to talk to any of 'em.

Bobby Axelrod: I'm gonna get you a drink, but I'm not gonna drink with you... What'll you have?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Another... I'll have another! Another... I can do it. It's not too late. I am not young, but she will be. Hallelujah, I'm gonna go again. A do-over. And finally get it fucking right!

Mike Prince: Heck, I'm still rich enough for twenty lifetimes.
Chuck Rhoades: That's not how you became who you are, by giving up.
Mike Prince: The problem is the feeling you get... and I know you get it, too... when you engage in a fight like this, in the way that you're proposing. It feels good. Nope. That's a lie. It feels truly great. The endorphins. The adrenaline. It all pushes you further, deeper, darker.

Mike Prince: I will not let Axe turn me back into... well, in his words, a monster.
Chuck Rhoades: But did you win that game when you scored the sixty? Yah. Bet you did. So do it again. Win this game. Then feel bad. Otherwise Bobby Axelrod wins. And you did nothing about it. You lose.

Student 4: He's a cis white man running for office. He's in a privileged position to control his own narrative.
Catherine Brant: I'm honestly surprised it took one of you so long to mention privilege. This might be a new record. But I agree with you. Is the speech subversive at all? Not really, no. So maybe that's exactly what masochism is. It's the pursuit of autonomy in and the control over pain and suffering. Rhoades played subservient in order to win dominance. But why don't we ask Rhoades himself? Chuck, get on up here.

Taylor Mason: When we are together, just us, we can drop the Godfather routine, can't we?
Wendy Rhoades: Yes!
Taylor Mason: So what do you think? Partners?... You almost never take this much of a beat before saying something.
Wendy Rhoades: I usually know what I think, and don't have to do a gut check. This time, I... I wanted the gut check.
Taylor Mason: Because you like it.
Wendy Rhoades: I do. Yes. Once we show a positive track record, all the assholes will want to invest.
Taylor Mason: It's true. You're an asshole whisperer. Maybe the asshole whisperer. And I mean that in the best possible way.
Wendy Rhoades: I receive it as such.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий