2 сент. 2022 г.

Sticks and Stones

Outlander 6×7


Jamie Fraser: The dead canna speak for themselves. It's the livin' we must watch.

Brianna Mackenzie: Where's Perry Mason when you need him, eh?
Roger Mackenzie: Aye, I know. Where do we start?
Brianna Mackenzie: It's not as if we can report it to police, or report this matter to anyone.
Young Ian: Who's Perry Mason?
Brianna Mackenzie: He's a lawyer from our time. He defends the falsely-accused.
Roger Mackenzie: I think the question he'd be asking is who would've had the means, motive, and the opportunity? Claire Fraser: Me.

Claire Fraser: Funny. We never say that we're "only human" when we've done something good or worthy of praise. Instead, it's what we tell ourselves to excuse our mistakes. An effort, perhaps, to convince ourselves that the person we see looking back at us in the mirror really isn't so bad. But who was I now? What was I now? Claire Elizabeth Beauchamp. Dr. Randall. Mistress Fraser. Wife. Mother. Grandmother. Witch. Murderer--

Roger Mackenzie: Probably sounds ridiculous to you, but in the future, there are some who are opposed to eatin' animals altogether.
Jamie Fraser: Aye, Claire told me. Vegetarians. Ye gonna tell me ye joined their ranks?

Roger Mackenzie: But "thou shalt not kill..."
Jamie Fraser: Does no good to quote "thou shalt not kill." In Greek and Hebrew scriptures, the word "murder" is used. Malva was murdered.
Roger Mackenzie: Makes me wonder where God is in all of this. And where I stand.

Jamie Fraser: As a wise man once told me, there's always a war comin'.

Claire Fraser: We're going to meet my prospective jurors. Stand trial in the court of public opinion.
Jamie Fraser: Well, that's what it is, opinion. I'll no dignify any rumors wi' a response. And what is it ye say to the bairns? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names'll never hurt me."

Lizzie Wemyss: Please, Mr. Fraser. Are we goin' to do it here in the stables?
Jamie Fraser: Christ was born in a manger. It was good enough for Him.

Claire Fraser: Going to go get a cup of tea... What? Cup of tea makes everything right with the world. A truth acknowledged by every English person that's ever lived.
Jamie Fraser: Thank the Lord I'm Scottish.

Jamie Fraser: ... although there is pain, your selfishness has brought so much to so many. Without you, our whole world crumbles into dust.

Roger Mackenzie: It's an unholy trinity, certainly... What can I say? The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Jamie Fraser: I'll tell them that marriage is a serious undertaking. Requires patience, sacrifice...
Claire Fraser: Monogamy. Maybe they should've started with that.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий