13 сент. 2022 г.

Downton Abbey: A New Era (2022)

Lady Rosamund Painswick: There's only one reason old ladies summon their lawyers.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: If her husband wanted me to have the place, who are we to argue?
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: You never thought to turn it down?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Do I look as if I'd turn down a villa in the South of France?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: You want me to tell you why he did it when the truth is I do not know. And with that, I will say good night and leave you to discuss my mysterious past.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Now, Denker, don't steer me. I'm not a racing car.

Mrs. Patmore: Daisy's more obedient with him than she ever was with me.
Anna Bates: Maybe he makes her happier.
Mrs. Patmore: Well, I did me best.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: But you must be firm, Mary. To those people, women like us fall into two categories: dragons and fools. You must make sure they think of you as a dragon.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: I don't pretend I've always worshipped at her shrine, but it will be strange. And Mary will miss her when she's gone.
Isobel Crawley: Mary will become her, so the gap will be filled.

Mrs. Hughes: Oh, put that guidebook down, Charlie, and go to sleep.
Mr. Carson: Mm, let me finish the chapter. You won't believe what these people eat...

Mr. Carson: I have found, when dealing with foreigners, if one speaks loudly and slowly, they'll bend to your will. Mrs. Hughes: Not too loudly and not too slowly.

Lady Mary Talbot: Doesn't filming interest you?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I watched some of it. I'd rather eat pebbles. In fact, I think I'll retire to my bed. At least until they've all gone.
Lady Mary Talbot: Should I be worried?
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Well, Florence Nightingale took to her bed at the age of 38. She died at 90.

Guy Dexter: Now you know why I'm in the movies. How did you become a butler?
Thomas Barrow: Well, it's a lot less glamorous. I got a job as a hallboy. Then I was a junior footman, first footman, valet and finally butler. There's not much I couldn't tell you about how to run a house, sir.
Guy Dexter: See, that's the difference between you and me. I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Isobel Crawley: Apparently, they're making the wrong sort of film.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Is there a right sort?
Isobel Crawley: Well, all I know is it seems the public only want films that talk.
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I should've thought the best thing about films is that you can't hear them. Be even better if you couldn't see them either.

Lady Mary Talbot: You don't need me to tell you that marriage is a novel, not a short story. Full of plot twists along the way.

Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: Your father loved you. Enough.
Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham: But it's not enough, is it? Not when I might be a lifelong fraud. A Frenchman's bastard who usurped the role of the proper heir.
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham: But that would've been Matthew's father, and now Matthew's son will inherit, so what difference does it make in the long run?

Jack Barber: Have I offended you?
Lady Mary Talbot: Not at all. Nothing is nicer for an old married woman than to find she's still an object of desire.

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: I was happy with Robert's father. Well... happy enough in that English way, when you never talk about anything, but you trust each other.

Mrs. Hughes: Charlie, are you all right?
Mr. Carson: What did King Lear say? 'Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks. / Rage, blow, you cataracts and hurricanoes.' Has the moment of her leaving come at last?

Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham: Stop that noise. I can't hear myself die.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий