8 сент. 2022 г.

Emily in Paris

Emily in Paris 1×1


Emily Cooper: You lost me at bonjour.

Paul Brossard: I was in Chicago once, and I ate the deep-dish pizza.
Emily Cooper: Ah. That is our specialty. We take a lot of pride.
Paul Brossard: It was, uh, dégueulasse. How you say?
Sylvie: Disgusting.
Paul Brossard: Like a quiche made of cement.
Emily Cooper: Uh... Oh, no, you must have gone to Lou Malnati's.

Paul Brossard: And the people are so fat. Why are they all so fat?
Sylvie Grateau: Well, perhaps from the disgusting food.
Emily Cooper: True, we are in the midst of an obesity epidemic. In fact, Merck was one of our biggest clients. They make a diabetes drug that we marketed the heck out of. Sales went up 63 percent.
Julien: So you create the disease, then you treat the disease, and then you market the treatments of the disease.
Emily Cooper: Well...
Sylvie Grateau: Perhaps stop eating.
Julien: There is no money in that.

Emily Cooper: Cigarettes cause diabetes and cancer.
Paul Brossard: Yes. Well, smoking is a pleasure. And without pleasure, who are we?
Sylvie Grateau: German?

Julien: What are you doing?
Emily Cooper: I've been here since 8:30.
Julien: Pourquoi? We open at 10:30.

Mindy Chen: Do you love it?
Emily Cooper: Uh, yes, of course I love Paris. And the food is so delicious. The fashion, so chic. The lights, so magical.
Mindy Chen: But the people... so mean.
Emily Cooper: I mean, they can't all be mean.
Mindy Chen: Oh, yes, they can. Chinese people are mean behind your back. French people, mean to your face.

Luc: It's a balance. ... I think the Americans have the wrong balance. You live to work. We work to live. Yes, it's good to make money, but what you say is success, I say is punishment.
Emily Cooper: But... I enjoy work... and accomplishment. It... It makes me happy.
Luc: Work makes you happy?!
Emily Cooper: Yes. I mean, it's... it's... it's why I'm here. For work. And look where it's brought me. To this beautiful city.
Luc: Maybe you don't know what it is to be happy.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий