9 сент. 2022 г.

Masculin Féminin

Emily in Paris 1×2


Emily Cooper: French is such a funny language. Why is it la plouc and not le plouc?
Sylvie Grateau: I guess it depends on the plouc you're referring to.

Sylvie Grateau: Listen, I... don't agree with your approach. You want everything to be everywhere, accessible to everyone. You want to open doors. I want to close doors. We work with very exclusive brands. And they require mystery, and... you have no mystery. You're... You're very... very obvious.
Emily Cooper: Maybe I am. But... I do understand what it means to be on the outside looking in. I have a perspective that you will never understand because, no, I'm not sophisticated or French, and I don't know how to look like you. That slouchy, sexy, je ne sais quoi thing. But I am the customer that wants it. And you're not because... you've already got it, and you don't even know how you did it.

Sylvie Grateau: Emily unfortunately does not speak French.
Antoine Lambert: And why did you come to Paris?
Emily Cooper: To bring an American perspective from a marketing point of view.
Antoine Lambert: Hm. And how do things look from that point of view?
Emily Cooper: I think you have an amazing, sexy product that could practically induce pregnancy in older women.

Julien: Sylvie is Antoine's mistress. You never flirt with another woman in front of your mistress. It's worse than doing it in front of your wife.

Emily Cooper: But I don't get it. What's the point of being married if you're gonna cheat on your spouse?
Mindy Chen: Uh, maybe after you're married for 20 years, you might feel differently. I mean, the French are romantics, but they're also realists.

Emily Cooper: Come on. The customer's always right.
Mindy Chen: See, no, here the customer is never right.
Emily Cooper: Well, maybe I'll educate the chef a little bit about customer service.
Mindy Chen: You think you're gonna change the entire French culture by sending back a steak?

Emily Cooper: Why is the vagina masculine?
Sylvie Grateau: Pardon?
Emily Cooper: Why is it le vagin, and not la vagin?
Sylvie Grateau: Oh, you mean le vagin... Maybe it's because it's something a woman owns and a man possesses.
Emily Cooper: Your language is seriously effed up.

Emily Cooper: I feel like Alice Through the Looking Glass. It's like up is down. I'll never learn the language or understand anything here. Do you realize this city is laid out in circles? Like they deliberately designed it to confuse us.
Mindy Chen: It's an illogical culture, but it's a beautiful one too. Better to just let it wash over you.
Emily Cooper: Yeah, but that's just it. I'm worried I might drown.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий