8 мая 2022 г.

Uncle Sheldon and a Hormonal Firecracker

Young Sheldon 5×20


George: Mary, they already made one giant mistake. They don't have to make another.
Mary: So marrying me was a mistake.
George: You're honestly happy with how your life turned out? You have no regrets?
Mary: What do you want me to say?
George: I want you to admit that this marriage hasn't exactly been a bed of roses.
Mary: Wake up. No marriage is a bed of roses.
George: Well, then I guess we nailed it.
Mary: I guess we did.

Mary: But, um... what if the boy's parents did want to do the right thing? I don't see how it's their fault.
Pastor Jeff: Well, didn't the boy still have premarital sex which led to pregnancy?
Mary: Y-Yes.
Pastor Jeff: You have to ask, where were his parents?
Mary: Mm-hmm.

Sheldon: I have to keep a secret? I'm not good at those.
George: It's not a secret. No one's gonna ask you about it. It's just a thing you don't need to bring up.
Sheldon: But what if I do?
George: What if you don't?
Sheldon: But now it's all I can think about. What if my mouth loses control?
Mary: You're good at keeping promises, right?
Sheldon: Very.
Mary: Great. Then promise you won't tell anybody.
Sheldon: That's an interesting work-around. However...

Missy: I'm gonna be an aunt. That's so weird.
Sheldon: Not as weird as Uncle Sheldon.
George: Yeah, well, we're gonna be grandparents.
Mary: And Meemaw's gonna be a great-grandmother.
Missy: That sounds so old.
George: Please tell her that.

Mary: ... And I'm worried that if he doesn't marry this girl, the congregation's gonna turn on me.
Pastor Rob: They might. But that's putting man before God.
Mary: What do you mean?
Pastor Rob: Well, you're caring more about what people think than what God thinks.
Mary: I'm not caring more. I just don't have to bump into God at the grocery store. I don't think he does his own shopping.

George: And what did Pastor Rob say?
Mary: Actually, it was helpful. He pointed out that I was putting people before God and that I shouldn't worry about what the congregation thinks.
George: So, exactly what I said.
Mary: All you said was, "Who cares?"
George: Next time, I'll stick God in there so you pay attention.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий