25 мая 2022 г.

Rio Bravo (1959)

Pat Wheeler: A game-legged old man and a drunk. That's all you got?
Sheriff John T. Chance: That's what I got.
Pat Wheeler: If I ever saw a man holding the bull by the tail, you're it.

Sheriff John T. Chance: You take chances, my friend.
Carlos: Because I know woman. She will be mad or she will be sorry. If it is mad, she will be much pleasure to make right. And if she is sorry, it will be the same pleasure.

Dude: I wonder if he's as good as Wheeler said.
Sheriff John T. Chance: I'd say he is. I'd say he's so good, he doesn't feel he has to prove it.

Feathers: How does...? How does a man get to be a sheriff?
Sheriff John T. Chance: Gets lazy. Gets tired... of selling his gun all over... decides to sell it in one place.
Feathers: I'd say you made a poor sale.
Sheriff John T. Chance: A lot of people around here will agree with you. But it's still a sale and it's too late to back out.

Dude: All right, Mr. Burdette... let's get going. I got no more to talk to you about.
Nathan Burdette: You should enjoy it, Dude. Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through.

Nathan Burdette: Why?
Sheriff John T. Chance: He didn't take too kindly to being arrested for murder.
Joe Burdette: It wasn't murder.
Nathan Burdette: If he says it wasn't murder, why do you say it was? Man gets shot that's got a gun, there's room for reasonable doubt.
Sheriff John T. Chance: Man gets shot that hasn't got a gun, what would you call it?

Feathers: What's your name, anyway? I don't even know that.
Sheriff John T. Chance: Chance, John T.
Feathers: "T" for trouble.

Feathers: It was my own idea. It was my idea to stay. You told me to get on that stage. I know you did.
Sheriff John T. Chance: I'm glad you didn't.
Feathers: What?
Sheriff John T. Chance: I'm glad you didn't go.
Feathers: What'd you...? What'd you have to say a thing like that for? You know, just when we get one thing settled you have to go bring up another.

Feathers: I better go before I make a fool of myself. I don't know why I should go though, because we're all fools. We ought to get along very well together, all of us. Well, I'm going, anyway. We're just a bunch of idiots, that's all. Just a bunch of idiots.

Feathers: You just can't make up your mind about me, can you? You like what you see. You like kissing me. You like what you touch. But you decided in the beginning what kind of a girl I was. And I haven't helped much. I wore these before I met you. I wanted you to know it. To know what kind of a girl you were getting. I wanted you to get that funny look on your face and tell me not to wear them. But it didn't work. You didn't even get mad. I told you once you wouldn't have to say anything. That I'd know, but I don't know. So you're gonna have to talk. I'm hard to get, John T. You're gonna have to say you want me.

Sheriff John T. Chance: Where're you going?
Feathers: Downstairs.
Sheriff John T. Chance: You better not.
Feathers: Why had I better not?
Sheriff John T. Chance: Because I'm still sheriff. You wear those things in public, I'll arrest you.
Feathers: John T. I've waited so long for you to say that. I thought you were never... You have the funniest way of saying things. Just when I think you're gonna say one thing...

Feathers: What I had to go through! Put on these tights, ask a lot of questions... start to walk out. I thought you were never gonna say it.
Sheriff John T. Chance: Say what?
Feathers: That you loved me.
Sheriff John T. Chance: I said I'd arrest you.
Feathers: It means the same thing, you know that. You just won't say it.

Feathers: Oh, we're different. I'll have to get used to you. Me, I just talk all the time.
Sheriff John T. Chance: You most certainly do.
Feathers: You'll get used to that. You'll have to. Either that or start talking too.

Stumpy: Do you think I'll ever get to be a sheriff?
Dude: Not unless you mind your own business.


++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий